39 - Crystal Moon

Ivy's POV

It's still hard to believe that I'm living at Nate's packlands.

It's been weeks since my incident and there's been not a single sound about our departure from Red Moon, which Nate has found highly suspicious. Surely if three of your own pack members just up and disappeared, you'd look for them, no? Apparently to Cole, it's a no.

Honestly, I don't care as much about it at this point. This is the freedom that all three of us have been wishing for a very long time.

Not looking over our shoulders.

Not worried about our actions.

Not getting verbally or physically abused.

The pack has taken us in fully, and it's like we were a part of it this whole time.

Now that I've healed fully from my wounds, I've been helping Nate with his pack work, almost like an assistant or secretary. I help keep track of his meetings and help him organize his paperwork from other packs and inform him when he gets new requests, organizing them by importance and whatnot. It's been a steady pace, and I'm thankful, only because being around him most of the day consecutively makes me more obvious to my attraction to him.

I've been keeping myself in check, not wanting to make a bad impression on his pack by pining over him on his own packlands.

But oh, how badly I want to touch him.

Even right now as I sit at my desk in his office, going through papers from yesterday's meeting and typing out the minutes, I can't help but look over and steal glances at the handsome man near me, dressed in his usual black dress clothes having just finished another meeting mere moments ago. I've been feeling the pressure he's under, but I can't fully comprehend exactly how he's doing since he hasn't spoken much about how he's handling it all, and I don't want to bring it up. We've had small moments together, but nothing like how the retreat was and secretly I'm missing it.

I've been fighting with myself to help him somehow, but I'm not sure how to exactly. We may have said we were dating, but that was when we weren't in the same pack, let alone his pack. I'm confused by my feelings, but I'm still just as drawn to him as I was when I wasn't around him almost 24/7.

Just talk to him, you idiot.

I sigh loudly and he lifts his head up then and looks at me.

"You okay, songbird?"

Crap.

"Yeah, of course Alpha."

"Ivy..." He says in that all knowing tone, showcasing he knows something is up. He gets up from his desk and strides towards mine, sitting on the corner to my left.

"It's nothing, Alpha. Seriously. Just tired of typing for today."

"Then stop, it's not like you have to work all day and night like I do."

"Then who's going to keep you organized?" I say cheekily and he chuckles, reaching down and pulling my chin up slightly, towering over my sitting form in my own chair.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. Honestly, you've been a wonderful help these past few weeks. Thank you."

"You're welcome, Alpha." I smile and he goes to lean in to kiss me when there's a knock on the office door. He pulls away and sighs. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. It's okay." I reach up and cup his face with my hands and he places his hands over mine. I stand and kiss him quickly on the forehead before heading to the door and opening it to reveal Tobias.