23 - Singing Beauty

Ivy's POV

I groan and roll over as my oh so familiar alarm goes off on my phone. I reach for it, my hands grabbing more and more blankets until I open my eyes slightly and realize that I'm a great distance away from my phone on the nightstand since this bed in this guest room I'm in is massive.

"Ugh." I groan out in annoyance and lift myself up on my elbows and shuffle closer to the nightstand, grabbing my phone roughly, smacking the off button for the alarm and dropping my phone onto the bed as I roll onto my back and sigh loudly.

It's been a while since I slept so soundly.

I sit up and slide off the side of the bed and make my way into the bathroom. I run the shower and quickly get undressed and hop in, making quick time of getting myself clean from head to toe. I step out, wrapping my hair in a light towel so I don't drop water across the floor. I wrap my body in another towel and I head over to the sink and start to apply my skincare and then very minimal makeup – a little bit of eyeliner and mascara.

I head back out into the bedroom over to the dresser, grabbing socks, my bra and underwear, and then walk into the closet to choose my outfit for the day. I go for my grey jean capris and a loose, flowy green tank top. I look over in the closet and see my gown for the mating ball – now tailored perfectly for me and I sigh. I've never worn something so fancy, and it makes me nervous, even though it is a beautiful dress.

I walk out back to the bed, laying down all my clothing. I pull the towel off my head to let my hair air dry in its natural waves and start to get dressed. Finally, after about an hour, I'm ready for the day. I grab my phone and see that I have a message from Nate.

Once you're up, come on into the kitchen.

I look at the time sent: 4:05 am.

Was he seriously up that early?

I shrug my shoulders and put my phone into my pocket and head out my door, and I'm hit with the smell of pancakes. I peek down the hallway and glance into the kitchen area and I see Nate, humming along as the pancake batter sizzles in the pan. I walk into the kitchen and sit down at one of the stools by the counter. "Morning." I say and he turns to face me, smiling.

"Morning. Sleep well?" He asks and I nod.

"Really well, thank you." I pause and then continue, "I saw your text. You always up so early?" I question, and he nods. "Yup. I usually go out for a morning run to let Kiba out, them come back and do a workout." He says as he turns back to flip the pancakes on the stove.

"I figured you would probably be up by the time I was finished, so I thought I'd make some breakfast for us before the day got hectic."

How did he know what time I'd be up? Is he that intuitive?

Stop questioning it.

"I appreciate that, especially my first day here. Thank you."

"You are very welcome." Nate says as he hands me a plate with two pancakes stacked ever so neatly on top. He places the syrup in front of me and hands me a knife and a fork before grabbing his own plate and coming around to sit beside me.

He's in a black muscle shirt and grey sweatpants and I quickly look back to my pancakes because he looks just as delicious.

Stop it, Ivy.

"So, up for a short tour of the ballroom today?" He asks and I smile as I start to cut up my pancakes. "Yes, I would love that."

We eat in mostly silence, which honestly wasn't awkward at all. Nate stands first, grabbing his plate and mine and bringing it over and rinsing them in the kitchen sink. He turns and faces me.