54 - Revelation

Ivy's POV

I'm breaking.

I'm losing track of time and the beatings are getting more severe. Cole and Alarik have released me from the chair into some dark cell they made down here and its here I sit currently, shivering due to the dampness of the room.

Blood is caked on my face and neck, streaked all down my arms and has now permanently stained my clothes having sat for so long. I managed to re-break my own nose and set it a little better, but I know my entire bridge of my nose and sinus area is purple with bruises that followed.

I'd hate for Nate to see me now.

I can feel the strain on our bond and wish I could reach out to him and let him know I'm okay, but without Seles and the ability to mind-link, it's useless. All he can probably feel is that I'm still alive, since the bond isn't severed like it would be with my death.

I push my matted hair out of my face and sigh, trying to relax but it's impossible. I hear the familiar door close, and I stand and back against the wall of the cell in case I have to defend myself. I wait patiently until Alarik makes himself known in front of me and unlocks the cell. My muscles tense, thinking that another beating is coming, but I'm surprised as he places a bag at my feet.

I hesitate to reach for it, and he speaks lowly. "It's new clothes for you. Undergarments, sweats and a t-shirt."

"Why." Is all I say, and he shakes his head. "You can't sit like this the entire time you're here as much as Cole wants you to. I managed to convince him to let you shower upstairs and clean up. With my direct supervision of course."

Again, I don't move out of fear that it's a trick and Alarik scoffs. "I'm not going to hurt you. I know I'm an asshole, but I can't keep seeing you like this."

I slowly reach down and grab the bag, still hesitant but Alarik steps aside and allows me to walk out of the cell. He steps in front of me and walks forward and I follow slowly behind him. We walk up the stairs and out the door into what looks like a regular house, but very much abandoned.

No furniture aside from a small couch in the main room that we enter. I see a small kitchen ahead of me and stairs to my left by the front door. The floors are wooden and walls an off white, but full of cobwebs and dust.

"Let's go. Bathroom is upstairs." Alarik grabs my arm tightly and leads me up the stairs to the second floor where the bathroom is in the hallway. Two more doors are upstairs which I can only assume would be bedrooms if the house was actually occupied.

"Go in and get undressed and start the shower. Once you're in, I'll be coming in and standing by the door."

I sigh loudly. "Okay."

I walk into the bathroom and start the water, noticing some brand-new bottles of shampoo and other toiletries sitting on the counter. I grab them and place them on the inside rim of the tub before stripping down and getting in. The water is hot and warms my chilled body, but I wince in pain as it goes into the cuts and scrapes that are all over me.

I hear the door open, and I hear a couple footsteps before the door closes again.

"How long do I have in here?" I ask and Alarik sighs. "As long as you need."

"Okay. Thank you."

I let the water run down my face and I wipe it gently, trying to loosen up all the dried blood. Eventually it starts to wash away and down the drain as I see the brown and red stained water at my feet before draining down the tub. I put my hair under the water and put a lot of shampoo in it and scrub as best I can, inhaling through my teeth as it stings.