53 - Assault

Ivy's POV

I groan as I come to, feeling a massive pounding headache behind my eyes. I blink them a few times to try and clear the blurriness in my vision and eventually they clear, revealing that I'm in a dimly lit room, with a small light hanging overhead, only slightly illuminating the concrete floor below, and walls to my sides.

It smells damp and musky, as if old rainwater had been leaking in somewhere and settling.

I glance around but can't make much else around me. I move slightly and wince as I feel something pinch my wrists. Looking down I notice my arms are bound with silver wire around the arms of the wooden chair I'm sitting in. I furrow my brows in confusion as the silver isn't burning me, even though my forearms had never been exposed, even when I had my cuffs on.

"Oh, you're finally awake." I snap my head up quickly as I see Alarik slowly come into the dim light. Wearing all black he looks as if he's trying to blend into the darkness, which I can only assume is because he's in hiding.

"What the fuck are you doing out? Let me go." I state angrily and he chuckles.

"No can do, miss Luna Queen."

"You're going to regret this, Alarik. I swear."

"I'm shaking in my boots. What the fuck do you think you can do to me, oh wolfless queen?"

I glare at him and clench my jaw.

"Where are we." I question and he shakes his head. "Can't tell you."

"Then where the fuck is Cole? I'm surprised you're not with him with your dick up his ass as usual."

"Ooh. Feisty." He snidely remarks before approaching me and slapping me across the face. The sting burns on my cheek but I bite back a reaction.

"This is going to be fun." He states before striking me a second and third time.

- - -

My hair falls in my face as I lower my head. My breathing is laboured from the sheer assault, and I notice blood dripping onto my shirt. I'm pretty sure my nose is broken, and my lip is split open from the force of the slaps I've received from Alarik.

It feels like it's been an eternity since I woke up here, but I know it probably hasn't even been a day. My resolve is weakening, but I've managed to keep myself quiet with every slap, punch, and kick. I'm sure by now my body will be littered with bruises, but that's the least of my worries.

I've got to try to get some answers.

"Why the hell are you doing this? For fun?" I say as I raise my head to look at Alarik as he wipes his hands on a towel, smearing and staining it with my blood.

"You'll find out soon enough when Cole gets here."

"Why, cause you're going to kill me? Even if you do, there's no way that things will ever go back to normal for you two. You'll be hiding and on the run for the rest of your lives."

"Not if we change our appearances and live with the rogue wolves." I glance to where the other voice is coming from and I see Cole step into the light, also in all black like Alarik.

"You really want to live with rogues for the rest of your life?"

"Seems like a good enough plan for now until we can get revenge on your stupid mate."

I glare at him. "You'll never even be able to get close to him, let alone touch him."

"If you're dead, we will." My eyes widen.

"You're going to try to weaken him by killing me and severing our bond, is that it?"

"That's exactly it." Alarik says as he leans against one of the walls to my right.

"Good luck, cause I'm not going down without a fight." I seethe, glaring them both down.

"Good. I always liked it when you put up a fight." Cole says sweetly before approaching me.

- - -

Nathaniel's POV

It's been two weeks since Ivy was taken without a trace, and Cole as well as Alarik escaped.

We reviewed all the footage from the dungeons and a cloaked figure had let them both out but had avoided all the cameras and any means of identification. I've sent scouts out to Red Moon to look for her, catch her scent, anything.

But nothing.

I've been starting to feel weary from now being separated from her for so long, but I've been trying to keep my hopes up that we will find something that will help us find her soon. We've all been working around the clock searching for any type of clue.

We will keep going.

We have to.

For her.

- - -

Ivy's POV

I don't know how long I've been here, but I know that if I don't find some sort of way out of here, I will die here. Cole and Alarik have been spacing out the beatings, allowing me to recover slightly before starting the next one, so I've used that time to try and get some sort of hint about where the fuck I am.

They have been feeding me and giving me water, so at least I'm able to keep somewhat conscious and keep my strength up and focus on my task at hand.

I hear a door open and close, and I quickly lower my head and even out my breathing so try and make it seem like I'm asleep. I hear footsteps and scuffling of shoes on pavement, and I know both have returned due to those sounds alone. Alarik walks heavy with more thumps, and Cole shuffles as if he never learned to pick up his feet as a child.

"Looks like she's still out cold." Alarik says as I feel him stand over me and lean close to me and growl low. "When can we kill her. Seriously. It's been two weeks."

So, I've been here that long.

"Soon, we've got to wait until our place with the rogues has been secured. I'm still negotiating." Cole answers while placing some sort of bag down, the rustling echoing in the small space.

"You need to hurry the fuck up Cole. The longer we're out here, the less time we have until they all figure out where we are."

"I know, asshole. This shit takes time. You like torturing her anyways so why don't you just focus on that?" Cole says with a sneer tone, and I hear Alarik growl low at him.

"You made me this way. Don't forget that."

"I just tapped into your own abilities."

"Bullshit. You forced me to kill your Dad's Beta. You made me a killer. Now my wolf likes it."

"Just get the fuck over it already." Cole says with a sigh before I hear him approach and roughly grab me by the throat. I gasp and open my eyes.

"Wake up bitch." I narrow my eyes and spit at him.

He retaliates with a swift slap to my face and then leans down with a sly smirk on his face.

"Do you wish you'd died outside that bar?" I clench my teeth and stop the remark that dares to leave my mouth.

You're going to wish you did, cause you're going to die by my hands, Cole.

I promise.

___________________________________________________

 - more filler is coming the next few chapters to reveal some things, so bear with me!!

 - See you in the next one! -vv