Prologue - Nightmare

"Ivy!"

I turn towards the voices that called my name, almost not making it out due to the sheer amount of snarling and growling happening around me. I see a woman pinned by a ravaging wolf, and as I make my way to her, I'm knocked to the ground with such force, I hear my arm snap. I groan as the pain hits me. My arm is clearly broken, and I'm unable to shift for some reason.

I hear her sickening scream and I raise my head just as the wolf embed its teeth into her neck and shoulder.

"NO!" I roar and scramble to my feet, but I'm surrounded by at least 10 wolves, preventing me from getting to the woman. My eyes dart around as they encompass me, circling slightly. Shit. They're going to all attack me at once.

Just as I come to that realization, they strike. I dodge the first few, but I yell out as one of them clamps down on my leg, ripping out a good chunk of flesh. I try to stay standing, but it's useless as more wolves' barrel into me, not allowing me to regain my stance. They claw me in every direction, and I can't anticipate the attacks anymore as I fall to my knees with a hard thud.

Claws at my back.

Claws at my arms.

Claws at my legs.

There's no escape.

I can't save them.

I can't even save myself.

___

Hello everyone! Welcome to my new book, Bound to the Alpha King! 

I'll be updating again as soon as I get a few chapters written, so keep your eyes peeled!

If you like my writing, be sure to check out my first book, Hybrid's Hollow. It's close to completion!

I'm excited to start this new adventure in a new world, and I hope you all like it.

See you in the next one! - vv