Chapter 2- Nick and Nicky

By lunch, the tea about 'Nick and Nicky' has spread from Jacob's loud mouth. First he told Nick, obviously. Then he told his idiot jock friends, who then told all of the sports teams, who then... Well you get the point. Nick and Nicky are obviously the new gossip. It's all about Nick and Nicky. Nicky wasn't unpopular, she was just average, until all of her apparent secrets spilled today. Walking through the cafeteria, I was looking for my group, but instead I found two cold brown eyes, glaring at me. They were Nicky's. She's sitting with the loners now. Her friendship group didn't want to keep her and her very strange crush on Nick, so they dumped her. Honestly, I feel kinda bad for her. No one deserves that. But she's always been an ass to me so I keep walking.

"Nick and Nicky sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage!" Jacob, Arthur and Louis chant loudly, embarrassing both Nick and Nicky, and me, if I'm being honest. I mean, this feels like 1st grade all over again. I can't even deal with their childish shit anymore so I just roll my eyes as I walk past. Nick looks at me with eyes that scream 'help' and I shrug.

"Hey Lara you're here!", I'm greeted by my ecstatic group of friends.

"Guys, do any of you wanna go out this weekend? I know a crazy good place with karaoke!" Chanel suggests excitedly.

"Karaoke? Let's go!" We all shout at the same time.

We all look at each other excitedly.

"We should invite the guys as well!" Amber cheers.

"I can't believe Nicky actually likes Nick. You know I heard that Nicky is so desperate for Nick that she stalked him or something, and like, not just on Insta", Chanel looks at us, almost laughing at what she just said.

"There's no way that's actually true", Amber answers disgustedly.

"Only one way to find out", Sophie cuts in, grinning.

"Oh god not this again", I lean back, sighing.

"We have to find her diary", Sophie says.

"Hell no! We can't do that!" I try to reason.

"Lara, it's fine. No one will actually give a shit, we're not gonna tell anyone" Sophie shrugs.

I just blink at her, not saying anything.

"See? It's fine!" Sophie grins smugly and starts planning out this whole scene. I have to admit, sometimes it feels like my friends are all sharing one brain cell, but Nicky is such a bitch so it'd feel pretty good to get back at her for all the shit she's caused me over the years.

"What's going on here?" Louis and Arthur completely butt into our plan.

Louis is Chanel's cousin, and Arthur is just Arthur, but I've heard a lot of girls call him royalty or something. Can't blame them though. His golden hair and bronzed complexion is just an enchantment for the eyes.

"Louis? Would you mind not completely infesting our table with your new cologne? Thanks", Chanel's relationships with her cousins are something else.

"Oh cousin, you know I just had to check in on you. Your mom and dad gave me a job. Plus, we're family", Louis speaks smugly, bending down to boop Chanel's nose like she's a child. Louis is tall. Quite tall. Louis' Mexican, but he mentioned something about being half Spanish, so I'm not quite sure. Chanel's family is a huge mix. One of her cousins is actually half Russian.

Like Chanel, Louis is hot, and most of the girls love him. Well, apart from Chanel obviously.

"Go save your 'love' for the rest of the girls in the school, I hear they're getting down on their knees already", Chanel snaps back.