Chapter 6- Sleepover

a/n: so here's Chapter 6 :))) keep in mind that while this is still categorised as a teen book, there's a lot of adventure and mystery coming up that may get mistaken for a thriller book! But there will be a lot of suspense and action coming up in future chapters so hold onto your hats! As always votes and comments are hugely appreciated and I hope you guys enjoy! 🥰

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lara? Lara! Lara! Oh my god you scared me!" I 'wake up' to Nick shaking me by the shoulders.

"What? What happened?" I ask weakly.

"You just froze! It was like you weren't even alive!" he yells.

I stare at him, confused.

"Lara, you have to tell me what's going on. You've been acting strange and doing this for the whole of last week"

I can't tell him, otherwise he would try to protect me, and then get in mounds of trouble.

"I knew you wouldn't tell me. Let's just go home", he sighs.

I go inside my house, sit on my bed, and then contemplate if I should tell my friends about it or not.

I finally decide that I should tell them on a separate day, perhaps on a weekend, so that no one else will hear us. Fiddling with my pens, I look at my laptop, and I realise that I don't have any homework.

"And people say that Mondays are bad", I say to myself.

"Oh my god! Gymnastics training was horrible! Isabel Watkins and Charlotte Fredrickson are picking on my beam routine again! I hate them so much!" my sister screeches, stomping all the way from the front door to her room upstairs.

Well at least I know my family's home.

Muffin looks at me with tired eyes and lies down, huffing a little.

"I know, I know. They scream a lot. But don't worry, it's just 4 more years till college", I pat Muffin's head.

I suddenly feel a shiver go up my spine, and feeling anxious, I close my curtains.

"Lara!!" Rachel whines at my door.

"What is it?" I ask sarcastically, turning away from my curtains.

"How do you deal with mean girls? Your group is kind of unpopular when the popular boys aren't there, right? God, I hate going to an all-girls school", she sighs.

Oh god. My sister's asking me for advice. But, not at the right time.

"Well, just ignore them and they'll ignore you", I say.

Great. The first time my sister ever asks me for advice, and I tell her to ignore the problem and it'll go away. No wonder why she never asks me for advice.

"Ok... I'm just gonna go now"

"Wait, Rachel?"

"Yeah? What is it?"

"How many mean girls are there? I need to know"

"There's 5. Charlotte's the queen bee, then there's Isabel, Lizzie, Jessica, and Tracy. Why?", she asks.

"Well it's an odd number. Use the weak link to your advantage, and you'll end up taking half of the group down. Remember that", I tell her.

"Hmm, ok. Thanks sis!" she grins.

She walks out of my room, and I stare at the curtain again nervously.

After 2 days of thinking about how I should tell my friends, I've finally decided that a sleepover would do. Although it's already Wednesday, so some of my friends may be busy.