Chapter 16- Friday mornings

a/n: ahhhh thank you guys so much for 100 reads! super grateful ahahah :) anyway this chapter's a bit of a filler chapter and is just kinda eh but i hv some super cool ideas that i'm working on for future chapters so you can expect some more fun stuff coming soon 😅 hope you guys enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone in my house is frantically rushing to get ready this Friday morning. Because it's the end of the week, our family starts to relax a bit, but it usually ends up with us being barely on time, and eating a granola bar in the car instead of having actual breakfast. Since I'm still 'sick', I watch my family panicking about the time from the couch, realizing that's what I look like on Fridays. Yikes.

My sister, Rachel, thought it was Saturday instead of Friday, and she woke up late, so now my mom's yelling at her, and they're having an argument. I can't help but grin at Rachel being scolded, because most of the time it's me who's getting told off, so now she knows what it feels like.

"Lara, I have to drop Jake off at school and then run some errands, but I'll be back soon. Remember, your doctor's appointment is at 12, so we can go out for lunch after if you feel like it!" my mom shouts at me from the front door, holding Jake in her arms.

"It's fine mom! Bye!" I call back.

"Alrighty! Bye sweetheart!"

Then she shuts the door.

I look around the house. There's breakfast left all over the dining table, and the TV has been left on. It's just the news.

After yesterday, I kind of wish I was at school now. My parents say it's dangerous, because I may have a concussion, but it's been so boring, all I've done is watch Netflix and stay on my phone. The only interesting thing that's happened is when a pigeon flew into our window and its blood mysteriously disappeared on its own, and even that was kind of disappointing.

I pick up my iPad and text the group chat, "Is Kiki at school today?", because apparently she wasn't there yesterday.

"I don't think so, but I'll text you if I see her", Arthur replies.

"Is anyone in one of Kiki's classes?" I ask hopefully.

"No", Chanel texts back.

"Oh. Ok"

"Wait", Jacob texts.

"What?" I ask.

"She just showed up to History, and she looks really sick", Jacob answers.

"Wait, what?" I text.

But no one texts back. I wait at my iPad for 5 minutes, 10 minutes, but I soon realize they won't text back.

I sigh deeply and just hope that they're alright. I don't think that Kiki would attack a whole History class, and even if she did, I don't think she'd succeed.

I lounge around the house for an hour or so, just playing some games and watching netflix until I just get so bored of it. I go outside into my backyard and wander around, playing a bit of netball and looking at my garden, feeling the fresh breeze hitting my face. I go and look at the time again. It's past 11am. I think to myself for a second, and then a car pulls up in my driveway.

"Sorry honey, there was a queue at the supermarket. Just hop in, we don't have time, otherwise we'll be late for your appointment!" my mum sticks her head out the car window, and I hop in the car.

We arrive at the doctor's just in time for my appointment, and I head into Dr Morrison's office just as he calls my name.

"Alright Lara, how are we feeling this morning? I heard you had a bit of an accident a couple of nights ago", he says, typing stuff up on his laptop.