8 - Introductions

Jungkook had taken Jimin out to a cute coffee shop at the corner of the street from his office building. It was a really warm and cozy shop, the pair sitting inside the shop as Jungkook allowed Jimin to order whatever he wanted.

However, Jimin being Jimin just couldn't decide what he wanted so he asked Jungkook to order for him.

Now, Jimin sat with a Frappucino while Jungkook sipped on his Espresso. Jimin's hands held the cup as he lightly sipped on his drink, his eyes watching Jungkook who avoided eye contact for a while. Truth be told, Jungkook was a little nervous. It felt like a date. Was it a date? He didn't even clarify.

Suddenly, Jimin spoke up.

"Mr. Jeon... What are we doing?" Jimin asked suddenly. In all honesty, he was out having coffee with his soon-to-be boss. How many people have that opportunity? It wasn't conventional.

"Uh..." Jungkook peeked up now, his eyes finally making contact with Jimin's. Slowly, he left his cup of Espresso on the table and gave Jimin his attention.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook cocked his head to the side as he asked in a gentle tone. Jimin bit his lip gently, watching Jungkook carefully. The older man was so good looking that Jimin would have to be blind.

"What are we doing here? We're not speaking and well... It's not normal for bosses to do this with their future employees, unless of course, you do this with all your employees," Jimin said. Immediately, Jungkook held his hands up in a defense.

"No! I don't do this with everyone. I just..." Jungkook spoke, unable to complete his statement.

"You just what?" Jimin pressed as he leaned forward on the table, leaning on his elbows.

"I just wanted to spend time with you. I like talking to you and I thought it would be a good change in routine," Jungkook tried to speak.

"So is this a date?" Jimin asked flatly. He has never been one to beat around the bush. When Jimin wanted to know something, he expected an answer.

"Well, yeah it is. I mean- I mean it could be. No? Yes? If you want it to be then it can be, but if you don't want it to be then that's fine. I really don't mind whatever you decide-"

"You're rambling, Mr. Jeon," Jimin shook his head with a slight chuckle. "It's a date, I guess. If you want it to be," Jimin shrugged, leaning back into his seat as he watched the older man nibble on his lower lip, nodding. No matter how handsome he was, the older was still not confident.

Jungkook continued to sip on his Espresso, avoiding eye contact again. They were back at square one. Jimin just shook his head, leaning forward.

"Why are you so anxious, Mr. Jeon?" Jimin asked. It was obvious that Jungkook was an anxious person. He had the signs.

"W-well... I just feel stressed about myself all the time. I don't usually meet people like I'm doing with you so... I have no experience," Jungkook responded. Jimin nodded gently.

"You don't need experience. Experience won't help. Each person is different and having experience with a certain type of person doesn't mean it will work on the next. I'm a new person. Create a new experience with me. Start off by being yourself," Jimin spoke. The older man was a bit surprised that Jimin always knew what to say to make him feel better.

"How do I do that?" Jungkook asked.

"Mr. Jeon... You don't know how to be yourself?" Jimin asked, suddenly making the older man go quiet. How could he answer without feeling stupid?

When Jungkook didn't respond, Jimin figured it out.

"I get it..." Jimin spoke up. The older looked at Jimin with a shy expression.