29 - Best Friends

It was the last day in Shanghai and they were free since it was Sunday. Their flight left first thing in the morning tomorrow, and so Jimin was laying on the hotel suite bed whilst his lover was in the shower, probably grooming himself like washing his hair thoroughly and shaving because he was taking a bit longer than usual.

Jimin was playing with his phone mindlessly, being occupied by his mobile game when he received a phone call. Since he was already looking at his screen, his eyes read the caller name before he lit up and answered with a smile.

"Joonie~," Jimin sang as he answered, his best friend chuckling on the other end.

"Hi Minnie... Long time. Why aren't you in Seoul?" Namjoon asked. If there was one thing that Jimin knew for certain, it was that Namjoon was extremely protective over him. After everything that Jimin has been through, it's no surprise why, but also, Jimin felt nervous to mention his boyfriend now. Namjoon wouldn't be happy about it and his first argument will be that Jungkook is using Jimin. He couldn't help his worries because at the end of the day, Jimin has been mistreated a lot and Namjoon wanted to prevent that from happening.

"Uh... I went on a business trip with my boss," Jimin spoke.

"Hmm... And I don't understand why you couldn't just work for me instead. I offered so many times to have you work with Yoongi but you refused. Why did you accept his offer?" Namjoon asked his best friend.

"Well, you're my best friend and working for you would have felt like I was relying on you even more. You already let me room with you for three years of my life. I didn't want to exploit our friendship, and at that time Jungkook was a stranger to me so working for him was like working for any random employer," Jimin explained.

"Wait a second. You're working for Jeon Jungkook. The man who I brought to the strip club for you to sabotage his meeting?" Namjoon asked.

"Yeah, but it didn't work because he has his head in the right place. He's a great businessman," Jimin couldn't help but praise his boyfriend in the midst of everything. Then, Jungkook came out of the shower. Jimin had been so wrapped up in the call that he didn't even realize Jungkook finished showering a minute ago.

The older man noticed his lover was on a phone call so instead of speaking, he simply crawled over the bed and laid his head on Jimin's muscular belly, holding his lover as he used Jimin's belly as a pillow. The younger just smiled to himself, feeling butterflies as he brought a hand down to play with Jungkook's hair while he spoke to his best friend.

"Whatever. I don't feel comfortable knowing you're working for somebody who tried to do a business deal with me. Doesn't that seem suspicious to you?" Namjoon asked. His heart was in the right place because he wanted to look out for Jimin. The youngest wouldn't even get angry because he knew Namjoon was just being overly protective.

"Not suspicious at all. We met on our own terms and anyway, there's nothing you can say to change anything because he's my boyfriend now," Jimin added proudly, but Jungkook's ears perked up like a puppy as he listened.

"Oh, dear God. You're dating your boss? Jimin, have I taught you nothing? What if he's using you?" Namjoon asked over the call. Of course, Jungkook couldn't hear what Namjoon was saying because the call wasn't on loudspeaker.

"No, Joonie. You don't get to put doubts in my head, okay? He isn't using me..." Jimin spoke up although he felt a little tense having this conversation with the main topic laying on his belly.

Jungkook figured that they were talking about him and lifted his head up to look at Jimin, using his thumb to point to himself before pointing to the door. 'Should I leave?' he mouthed to Jimin, wanting to give his lover privacy. Jimin just shook his head to say no, patting his belly for Jungkook to lay down again. There was nothing that Jimin felt like hiding from Jungkook. Just the fact that the older man valued his privacy meant a lot to Jimin so he didn't mind his lover listening to his conversation.