Gwen Stacy

As we watch the fight something in her changed, I could notice it in her face. That's when she said, "They were dead." Of course, I didn't know who she was talking about. "They were dead and I was falling." She said.

"Are you okay?" I ask concerned, She just nods but I could tell something wasn't right.

Then the shield falls from the Statue of Liberty. Everything happens so fast yet so slow. Like I was stuck in time. The shield falls and the water moves. Ripples. Huge waves forming make their way toward us. I couldn't move. I didn't want to? I guess losing someone close to you makes you immune to the fear of death. But my feet leave the ground.

Gwen shoves me and the waves hit. Part of the ground falls into the bay and Gwen is gripping onto the ledge. I finally react and grab her hand. But the second wave hits and the ground shakes.

Now I'm the one holding onto the ledge. And I'm still holding onto her arm. We are both hanging from the cliff and the water continues to splash against the hard concrete beneath us.

Shit.

My hands are slipping, from both her and the ledge. I try hard. I can't let us fall. I can't let her fall. She still has a Spider-Man. She still has someone to live for.

"Gwen," She yells and I look down at her. Something in her face makes my heart sink, a knowing look. All I can see is Tony's face. Whenever he had to make serious decisions. The here-comes-bad-news-kid type of face. One where he would put himself in danger and say goodbye in case it was the last time I would ever see him. No, no, no, no. Please don't.

She lets go of my hand and I tighten my grip on her wrist, her weight becoming heavier. No, don't. "You have to let go, we'll both die if you try holding me up. It's okay."

"No!" I yell shutting my eyes preventing tears from forming. "It's not okay! None of this is okay." I look over at the Spider-Mans Hoping one of them would notice. Just one.

"They won't get here in time. You're slipping. It's okay." She says with reassurance in her voice.

"I can't just let you die!" I yell and I try pulling myself up from the ledge but it's hopeless. I grunt in frustration.

"I was already dead." And I of course am very confused. "Before coming here, before being brought to your universe, I fell. And I don't think I made it. I died. So it's okay." she explains and her hand keeps slipping out of my grip. Did she die? Did I die? In a different Universe?

"No, What about him? He needs you! Even If you did, he needs to know you're okay, a second chance." I say and now my hand is slipping from the ledge.

"It's okay," I could hear the quiver in her voice. Tears started forming in her eyes.

I can't, I can't, I can't.

Her hand now almost out of my grip, I cry and let out a frustrated scream.

Why, why, why.

There isn't anything I can do. There wasn't anything I could do for him, and now there isn't anything I can do for her.

"Take care of him for me." She says and then she is out of my grip. The waves consume her and I shut my eyes not being able to watch her die. I pull myself up and lay on the ground sobbing.

It should have been me.