And we're back.

And I stand there, dumbfounded. He's here, why is he here?

"Hey," He says with a small smile that's meant to comfort, but in this situation, it does little to help.

"Hey," I slowly replied. Then I remember, I am at work. "What could I get for you?" I say and break eye contact only to stare at the register hoping for this interaction to just end. The way things went when I walked out had made it awkward between us. I wasn't angry at him anymore, I was just embarrassed.

"Can we talk?" He says in an almost whisper. I shake my head.

"There is nothing to talk about. So what can I get for you?" I repeat forcing a smile at the end.

"Please," He says and I can hear the begging tone in his voice. I looked up at him, a bit annoyed. I notice the genuine sorrow in his eyes.

Damn those eyes. Damn you, Peter Parker.

I cave in and just nod. He lets out a small breath of relief and steps aside for me to attend to the next customer.

He sits at a table for the rest of my shift and waits. Once I'm finally done with work we both walk out into the city.  With no actual destination, we walk in silence. Nothing is said for the next 10 minutes, we just enjoy the silence and company. Until he asks the first question.

"So, where have you been staying?" We finally stopped at a park and sat.

"A co-workers place, nothing permanent." Simple answers equal fewer questions, and the faster this whole thing ends, at least I hope so.

"That's great," he takes a pause before continuing. "Look, I'm sorry about what happened. And about what I said." He says and holds eye contact with me.

"I'm sorry for my freak out. I guess I just, um, I didn't want to repeat the same life from my own universe again. I want a fresh start. I want to be my own person. Not Iron Man's charity work, not the Avengers pet, not Spider-Mans Girlfriend. Not a replacement for another Gwen. " Wow, how is it that I can feel so comfortable sharing all this with someone I just met?

"Wait, Spider-Mans' girlfriend?" He asked, a little shocked.

"Well, ex-girlfriend. After I lost Tony, things just changed between us, we weren't ready for a relationship, I wasn't ready for a relationship. Grief tends to make you do that."

"Yeah, believe me, I get that." He replies. Of course, how could I forget? He lost the love of his life. "I lost my best friend, many friends actually. After Gwen died, it was hard to keep being what people needed me to be. But she would have wanted me to keep going, to keep trying. So, I try my best with college, making friends or at least constant acquaintances." We stay silent for a moment taking in everything we had shared. I guess we have more in common than I thought.

"I'm sorry," I say.

I should have held on longer. Maybe I could have saved her. Maybe I could have held on longer. It should have been me. I had nothing and she had him. He had hee. I took that away.

"It's not your fault." he says, placing his hand on my shoulder. "I killed her, I didn't save her in time, I let her fall. I couldn't save her. She was dead before you met her and it was my fault." He says, I could see how the guilt consumed him, his eyes almost to change shades, darken. He believes everything he is saying. He truly blames himself.

"You did what you could, we did what we could." I say and place my hand over his. We stay like this for a moment. Comforting each other with just our presence, no words.

Eventually we get up and continue our walk, this time to where I'm staying. As we make it to the building I see my coworker already walking in, and she is walking in face pressed against her boyfriend's face.

"Shit" I say without realizing I said it out loud.

"Is that her?" He asks.

"Yeah," I say, rolling my eyes. "Her and her jackass boyfriend. I mean, it would be nice if they went to his place for a change."

"So this happens often?" He says almost as if to hold back a laugh.

"Yes, except Sundays because those are boy's nights." I say sarcastically. We both let out a laugh.

But in all seriousness I hated being in the apartment when her boyfriend was over, although he dates her, he makes me extremely uncomfortable.

"Now that we talked things out, my offer still stands, you know, you can stay at my place," I look over at him and really do take it into consideration. Sure he can get on my nerves, but he is just a hurt person. I can relate to that.

"Seriously? You are still willing to put up with me after my temper tantrum?" I say crossing my arms over my chest and raise an eyebrow at him. He rolls his eyes and smiles which catches me off guard. I can't help but smile back.

"You're not a kid. And it was partly my fault, I guess my lack of any social life aside from Gwen and Harry is to thank for that. But seriously, if you hate it here that much, you can stay with me." He rubs his neck clearly, a little nervous.

So, deal with Steph, her constant parties, and boyfriend, or Peter and his small quiet apartment.

"Sure," I say and he looks at me genuinely surprised. "On one condition, we take turns on the couch."

"What is with you and my couch?" He says and laughs.

"I'm serious! I would feel more comfortable if we took turns, I don't want you staying on the couch all the time." I say shoving him. He thinks about it for a second.

"Fine," he simply says. And we shake on it.

"Let me get my stuff, wish me luck." He smiles and I head into the gates of hell which is my co-worker's apartment.