De-Stress

"Okay get up." Peter says taking away the bowl of cheese balls from me.

"Hey! I wasn't done with those." I say confused.

"Yes, you were. Now get up." He says pulling me off the couch. I let out an annoyed groan. He turns off the tv and leads me to the dining room, well, less of a room and more of the area behind the living room couch.

I was watching Dirty Dancing before he showed up. He'd just gotten back from being out. Where? I wouldn't know. He still does that a lot, goes out with no explanation. However it's usually late at night and not this early in the day.

"Wait here" He says, taking off his jacket and tossing it on the couch. He leaves towards the bathroom and immediately comes out with the speaker.

"What are you doing?" I ask taking a seat at the dining table but he is quick to pull me back up. He sets the speaker down and music starts playing loud. I recognize the song right away. I can't help but laugh a little.

I'm Not Ok - Weathers

"Come on," He says in a sing-songy voice, he grabs my hands and swings them in the air. "You know you love this song!" He yells over the music. I can't hold back my smile, he smiles back and let's go of my arms. He starts doing the weirdest dance, I start laughing uncontrollably.

"Peter, what is that?" I say in between laughs.

"Don't leave me dancing by myself." He says without stopping his dance. The chorus comes up and I can't help but give in.

We dance like two drunks at a wedding. Pulling out the cringiest dances we know. Jumping around. And screaming at the top of our lungs.

"So what if I'm na-na-na not okay?!"

The song comes to an end and we are standing there laughing our ass off. Peter somehow always knows how to make me feel better, especially for days like these.

"Hey?" We hear a voice and both turn towards the door to see Ethan walking in.

I look down at Peter's hands and notice we were holding each other's arms. I immediately let go and clear my throat.

"Ethan, Hey!" I say walking over to him.

"I'm sorry for walking in, the door was open, and well, I thought I'd check in on you since you texted me about the nightmare you had. And, um, how you were in an off mood?" He says. I guess Peter must have left the door open?

"Aw, thanks, you didn't have to." I say and look down at his hands which were holding a paper bag and the other a smoothie.

"Oh, these are for you! I stopped at that bakery you love and got you a mango-pineapple smoothie, as well as a croissant." He says handing them to me and I smile.

"Thank you, you're so sweet." I say looking up at him and notice his eyes on Peter. "Oh, um, Ethan, this is my roommate, Peter. And Peter, this is Ethan." I say and look over at Peter who's eyes were glued on Ethan.

This should be Interesting.