Valentines Day

I wake up a little startled at the touch of a hand on my shoulder. I had fallen asleep on the couch. I look up to see Peter standing ove me, his hair was wet so I'm assuming he just got out the shower.

"What are you doing? Shouldn't you be out on a date or something?" It's february 14th, of course that's what he'd assume. "Where's Ethan?" I rub my eyes as they adjust to the light Peter turns on.

"Ethan is stuck at work. And that whole thing with him is still pretty new so he doesn't owe me anything. We've only gone out like twice, still getting to know each other you know?" I say. I sit up on the couch and stretch. He eyes me concerned. "It's fine," I say to reassure him.

"Twice? So it's getting serious, huh?" He takes a seat next to me on the couch.

"I don't know, maybe? He's a great guy, I guess I'm not used to dating. Especially since i've only ever dated one guy in my life." I lean my head back on the couch and close my eyes, still very exhausted. "Valentines day just isn't for me."

"Then today is just any other day. We can hang out or something since we're both off. That happens rarely. Wanna drink?" He asks. I hesitate. "Even if you aren't out with your lover boy, it doesn't mean you can't have a fun night. We'll put on music. We'll watch movies. We'll drink and have a good time. We'll literally do anything other than go to bed early or sit alone in front of a TV."

"What don't you have a date or somewhere else to be?" I ask, assuming that the many nights he goes out is to meet a girl.

"Valentines day isn't for me." He says with a grin. I laugh.

"Fine." I say.

~

We drink.

A lot.

Everything is a blur, or comes in short flashbacks. There was a movie, and then dancing at one point?

Yes.

Lots of dancing, loud music, and singing. More like screaming the words to songs. No cares in the world. Dancing until our feet hurt, and singing until our voices give out.

And more drinking.

Lots, and lots of drinking.