Special Visit

"Hey, Gwen, could you take out the trash and close up? I'm heading out for the night to catch the bus." Nick asks as he puts on his jacket.

"Sure thing, good night."

"Good night," He replies and leaves. I finish cleaning the tables and clock out. I grab my jacket and the trash bag  and lock the front doors before exiting through the back door and locking that one as well. I throw the bag into the binand turn to leave.

"Shit!" I say jumping when I see the man in a tight red and blue suit. Here's a hint; It's not Captain America.

"Hey, sorry about that." He says. That voice, it sounds familiar, but I can't put a face on it.

"What are you doing lurking behind a cafe?" I cross my arms over my chest.

"Most people would be freaking out over getting to talk to a superhero." He whispers as if I were messing up a line in a script.

"I've talked to better," I whisper back.

"Ouch, okay." He says holding a hand to his chest. I could hear the smile in his voice, which cause my mouth to form a little smile.

"So what are you doing here?" I say assuming there must be a problem, most heroes I've known don't show up in gear unless there were bad guys or some sort of problem.

"Nothing, just checking in."

Of course, Spider-Man wasn't most heroes.

"Do you go around and check up on every homeless person you've met?" I say and take a few steps towards him.

"Funny," He replies.

"I don't need your help, if that's why you're here."

"What? No I was just, I was passing by and saw you." He says.

I study his body language, he's very expressive. For a superhero, he's very nervous and awkward, it's funny. It reminds me of my own Spider-Man, well not mine anymore of course. 

"So, did you end up going to the place I had told you about?" He asks breaking me away from my thoughts.

"Oh, yeah, that didn't work out."

"Why?"

"You ask a lot of questions, you know that?" I say and he laughs a little.

"I'm just curious, is all."

"Careful, pretty boy, that curiosity might get your identity revealed." I say and start walking down the alleyway towards the street.

"Pretty boy? How would you know with the mask?" He says.

"The best super heroes always are!" I yell back and emerge onto the open streets of New York.