Partners

Peter grunts as I pin him down. It's been an hour of nonstop combat. Both out of breath, and sweaty messes. I get off him and he sits up from the floor. I analyze his body language and notice something is off. Was he holding back? I roll my eyes and chose to just drop it.

"You're a lot stronger than you look." He says and I finish drinking the rest of my water.

"Yeah, well, you don't have to be the more physically stronger one in a fight to win. It takes skill, technique, and a hell of a lot of practice." I say and pick up my headphones from the ground and my towel.

"So what if I take you up on that offer? You could teach me some stuff, you know we could be training partners or something." He says picking up his sweater from the ground and tossing it over his shoulder.

"What's in it for me?" I ask.

"My time and company." The pitch in his voice increased near the end. "Come on, it'll be fun."

"We'll see about that. Monday's, Tuesday's and Wednesday's, 8 am, two hours before you first class. You think you can manage that?" I say walking towards the door but stop before exiting the room and wait for his response.

"Yes-yes! For sure." He says with a nod.

"Good. See you at home."