66. Charcoal Drawing

"Keep the cast dry, moisture can weaken the plaster and may cause skin irritation

"Keep the cast dry, moisture can weaken the plaster and may cause skin irritation. If you're bathing or showering use two layers of plastic to cover it up. Avoid dirt, sand, or powder getting inside the cast. It's normal to itch, but don't stick any sort of thing inside the cast or apply powder or whatsoever. If it becomes unbearable contact the doctor as soon as you can. Don't try to trim or cut the cast by yourself. Inspect your skin regularly, if it swells contact the doctor, and if you find the cast breaking then also contact the doctor. Exercise your finger daily to reduce stiffness and remember to keep your hand above your hand while sleeping." The nurse informed us. After two painful days, I was finally getting discharged. A while ago I changed my clothes and now was sitting in a wheelchair.

"I keep that in mind." My dad replied.

"That's it, you can leave. Hopefully, see you after five weeks." With this, she left the leaving me and dad alone. My eyes unconsciously went towards the now-empty bed. As if he wasn't here in the first place, all his belongs including him was gone. He got discharged before me, while I was sleeping he left.

"Let's go." Dad's voice broke my trance, I nodded and he started to push the wheelchair. I didn't bother to look at my surrounding, somehow I kept fidgeting my finger or the hem of my skirt. Since my leg was fractured I was required to wear skirts or shorts, and luckily I had some. Soon we reached the parking of the hospital, dad stop in front of our car and put the small rifle back at the back. Then he opened the passenger door and carried me, making me sit on the passenger seat.

"Are you alright? Any discomfort?" He asked and I shook my head in denial. After closing the door and putting the wheelchair at the back and he started the car. I diverted my attention from my hand to the open air. I took a deep breath, finally something else than disinfectant air.

I leaned back on my seat, a sigh of relief left from my mouth. My eyes fell on my dad, this thought was in the back of my mind. The way he's reacting to this whole situation is very suspicious. As I said before, this is not how he behaved.

"It must have cost too much, hospital and medical bills and on top, I was in a suite." I broke the silence.

"Actually..." He trailed, hesitant ing to speak further. "It was Mr. Park's request to pay all expenses." He chose his words carefully, I could sense that.

"Oh, then it's okay." Again that think unsettling silence filled the air.

"I'm sorry." My voice barely managed to leave my mouth.

"Why are you sorry Yejin?"

"I must have disappointed you a lot, and all this-" I stopped my sentence, what am I supposed to say. Sure, he's no fool. He understood what's happening. But I just can't speak that in front of him, I could never.

"It's okay. You didn't disappoint me. It wasn't your fault you met an accident. Please don't think like that." He softly said, his one hand caressing my head. I looked at him who was focusing on driving.