15. Loved

I stumble on the stairs of my apartment, my eyes were blurry and teary. School ended in a jiff because I was not concentrating at all. My mind was wandering and reciting every single thing he said to me. The way he said he hated me, the way he yelled at me, the way he screamed at me.

The way I am feeling right now is horrible. I wish I just disappear  from this world or move to Nepal and become a monk.

What have I ever done so, he hates me that much? No matter how many times I try to forget what happen on the terrace, I can't. His this behavior is haunting me.

It seems like years, but finally I reach in front of my door. I search for keys in my bag. I was about to unlock my door, but I hear our neighbor's voice.

"Yejinie dear, your late today. I came to give to your dinner, but you were not here yet." She said.

"Oh, I had to stay back for some extra class." I lied. I was crying in the way back home and walking small steps.

"Oh, but why your eyes and nose are all red?" She asks as she cup my cheek and till my face to see whether  I am hurt or not.

"No, I saw a cat dying while coming back home. It makes me cry." I again lie. I think I am either suck at lying or I am about to achieve a masters degree in it.

"Oh, that's horrible." She said and put her hand on her chest.

"Yes." I sigh while averting my gaze.

"Then I shall send Sungo to give you your dinner. Eat and sleep well Yejinie." She said and leave.

I wish my mother to be alive. At least I can cry while hugging her, sharing all my problems with her and she would give me advises. She would love me, make food for me and save me from my father.

If she would be alive, I bet she would always stand for me, like a shield.

I open my flat's door and enter in. I put my bag and remove my shoes and tie and throw it carelessly. I flop myself on the worn out couch.

I sigh, what an amazing day I had?

"Yejin," I heard Sungo's voice and I look at him. He was standing at the door. As soon as he saw me he yells on top of his lungs, not kinda but he yelled.

"Shit! Yejin I was about to pee in my pants. You look horrible." He said as he removes his slippers and enter in my house.

"Thanks for the compliment. You too, look like a beggar who haven't had his meal." I taunt him.

"Yeah, mother didn't give me dinner as she caught  me watching something I wasn't  supposed to watch." He said and sit beside me. I let out a dry chuckle.

"I wonder what was aunty caught you watching TV." I laugh a bit and he gasps.

"Bold of you to assume I was watching TV. I was watching porn. Wow, the was she was ri-"

"Get out from my house right now! You need Namjesus!" I cut him by placing my hand on his mouth and push him off from my couch.

"Yah! Yah! I am sorry for your innocent ears. But why you look like a woman who just lost her  child in exorcism?"

"Stop watching those horror movies, now get out. I wanna sleep. I have school unlike you."

"You're not that much luckier that your school caught on fire."

"Sungo, do I tell your mother you were the only one who set the school on fire."

"I am going... I am going."