Chapter 6- Eris

My eyes are following Lucas as he dribbles the basketball across the court when suddenly an arm rests over my shoulder, snapping my attention away from the game

I come face to face with my best friend Milan. He was breathing hard, sweat covering his forehead from earliers game, the one before this one. "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." He tells me, pulling me into his chest.

A small smile tugs at my lips before I wrap my arms around him, "Same." I sigh, resting my head against his chest as I watch the players on the court. I catch Nava's eye on the other side of the gym with LeRoy and she waves at me excitedly, a wide grin on her face before turning around to face her boyfriend again.

His chin rests on my head, "You've been avoiding me."

I close my eyes at his accusation. I had been avoiding him and everyone else. I just needed space. I needed sometime to process everything going on and figure out how to clear my head. "I'm sorry." I mumble, "Life has been a little difficult lately." I admit.

I feel him sigh deeply, "You're going to be okay, Eris." He tells me, his words so soft and assuring. He doesn't ask any questions and he doesn't push me to talk. He hugs me tighter, letting me know that he's here for me.

"You want to stay over at my place? Lucas and me are heading to the track later tonight to get drunk off our asses, you should come." He tells me and I feel something similar to relief hit me at the thought of not sleeping under the same roof as my dad.

I'm already nodding my head with no hesitation, "I'll be there." I tell him, noticing his coach trying to get his attention. "Just find me after the game, yeah?" I push at his chest. "Go before your coach bites your head off."

He rolls his eyes before ruffling my hair, "I'll see you later."

I watch as he run over towards his coach, shoving a snickering Kaio away from him. I move over to sit on the bench behind me, careful not to get in anybody's way before pulling out my phone. My dad had sent me a couple of messages telling me to come home but I could care less. I scroll through the them, ignoring the one that tells me to dress up and be home because we're having guests over. He didn't know I wasn't coming come and just the thought of his pissed off face sent sweet satisfaction through the pit of my stomach.

A shadow falls over me, blocking the court. When I lift my head up, I'm met with Loki. I stiffen, my heart lodging in my throat at how he stares down at me. His hands were hidden into the pocket of his jacket and he wore sunglasses to cover his eyes. He takes a seat beside me, resting his arm behind my back and he seemed relaxed, acting as if the tension between us was invisible.

"You're phone not working?" He asks, pulling his hoodie over his head as leans forward, resting his elbows above his knees to let his hands hang comfortably.

I roll my eyes before scoffing, "It's working." I snark, scrunching my nose at the back of his head. I wanted to strangle the shit out of him sometimes.