Chapter 16- Eris

TW: Sexual Assault/Rape

I feel his eyes burning into my skin as we all sit at the table. It's quiet and tense as the three of us eat. Judas had gotten here a couple of hours ago and the moment I came downstairs, he wouldn't stop staring at me. His eyes were dark as he eyeballed every inch of me, because he had came over and greeted me with a long kiss against my cheek. When he pulled back, he and my father shared a look that I couldn't understand so I ignored it and rushed to my seat, wanting to get this over with.

I hadn't touched my food. I was nervous and had no idea why. Judas's presence was unnerving but he had that effect on most people so I just dealt with it. Later, I'd be able to hide away in my room and ignore both of them.

I tuned into their conversation, "...told me that Vera is supposed to be coming in on Sunday to discuss everyones profit." Judas said, his cold eyes staring into my father.

My father barely reacted, "You remember the deal, right?" He responds, "You give me half of what I deserve for one night."

I scrunch my nose, one night? One night for what? What were they talking about? Why was I even here? This was boring as hell and they weren't even paying attention to me. I wanted to go upstairs and go to sleep but I'd knew the second I tried to leave, my father would have my head so I swallowed down my annoyance and continued to listen.

A shiver runs down my spine at the glance Judas sends my way. Ew. "I remember the deal. You have nothing to worry about." He smiles, his tongue flicking out to lick at his lips real quick. I couldn't wait for him to leave, he was such a creep.

His attention turns to me, "So, what's been going on with you? I haven't seen you since the funeral." He tells me and I frown. Nobody had really spoken about Mom and Amir's funeral or even their names. They all just walked around like their death had never happened, like they had never existed.

I shrug, "I've just been focusing in school." I respond, quietly.

He nods, "That's good. Schools important." No shit. I almost rolled my eyes at his fake kindness. I knew he was an asshole, he was the bastard child nobody wanted and I didn't blame them.

The boring conversation kept going for about thirty more minutes before my father dismissed me. I almost cried in relief, thank jesus. I quickly cleaned up my dish before running up to my room, closing the door behind me before throwing off my dress and heels to put on something comfortable before grabbing my ipad and throwing myself into bed.

I had one missed facetime call from Loki. I quickly call him back, burying myself into my blankets as he answers right away. "Hey." His rough voice answers, yawning into his fist.

"Hey." I greet, quietly. "You called?"

I watch as nods, a small smile growing on his face as he finally looks at the camera. "You're so fucking cute." He tells me softly, his eyes growing fond at how half of my face is hidden under my blanket, only my eyes are on display, "Let me see."