Chapter 8- Loki

My phone kept buzzing on my desk top as I try to finish rolling a joint

My phone kept buzzing on my desk top as I try to finish rolling a joint. I couldn't sleep, my mind was wide awake and active. It was at least one is the morning, I think. I hadn't checked. I tried to ignore my phone because everytime I got a text, it wasn't by the person I wanted it to be.

It kept fucking ringing though. A frustrated groan leaves my mouth as I reach out to grab it. Lucas's name flashes on my screen, "What?" I grumble into the phone. Why the hell was he bothering me? Wasn't he staying at Milan's tonight? Why couldn't he bother him instead?

He let's out a sigh of relief at my voice, "Dude!" He hisses into the phone, "I called you like 20 fucking times." He growls, annoyance lacing his tone.

I roll my eyes, "What do you want?" I ask, packing the weed into the dutch.

"I need a ride." He sighs and I make a face before hanging up. He calls again and I stare at his contact for a while, debating if I should block him.

I answer, "Sorry. I don't know what happened." I lie, licking the edges of the dutch before rolling it neatly.

"You're a damn liar." He mutters, "I really do need a ride though. I've been drinking. I would've asked Milan or Eris to drive but they've been drinking as well." I sit up straight at the mention of her, "And nobody else is answering the phone."

I look around my room for my car keys, "Eris is with you?" I ask, ignoring everything else he just said.

"I just said that." He drawls, blandly.

My brows furrow, "She's been drinking?" I question, concern bubbling into the pit of my stomach, "Is she okay? How much has she had to drink?" I ramble nervously, my teeth biting at my bottom lip as stand up to look for my hoodie.

"Uh..." His voice trails off as he whisper yells at someone in the background. "She can barely stand straight and she keeps crying but her words are slurred so I don't understand what she's saying." He explains. He sounded nervous as he spoke, "Can you hurry up?"

I feel my heart skip, "She's crying?" I mumble, miserably before rushing down stairs. I pass by Matias and LeRoy in the kitchen, signaling to both of them that I'm leaving. I don't even bother asking what they're doing up or why Matias is in our kitchen at 1 in the morning. My mind was too occupied with the thought of Eris crying.

When I finally get into my car, I hear yelling in the background. "Eris!" My little brother hisses, "Give me the damn bottle." He curses.

"No!" I hear her shout, adorably. I can practically see the pout forming on her face as I start the car.

I sigh, "Where are you?"

"At the football field in back of our school." He informs.

I finally let my shoulders relax, "Are you safe?" I ask just because you never know. My brothers safety was always a priority and I wanted to make sure he was okay.