Chapter 23- Loki

The following week had been tense

The following week had been tense. Lucio and I hadn't spoke and from what I gathered, he also hadn't told Lucus or LeRoy about my relapse nor had he told Azriel because they hadn't said a word about it. Things with Lucas were still weird but I knew it was only because of the argument we had so I wasn't really worried about that.

What I was really worried about was the asshole sitting next to Eris.

I shouldn't have been to suprised when he walked inside the classroom with the ugliest fucking smirk, acting like everything was okay, as if he hadn't beat the shit out of me and Astraea. When the teacher told him to introduce himself, I almost flung out my fucking seat when he spoke—his name was Lance. Fucking Lance was about was about to get his windpipes crushed if he didn't stop make passes at Eris.

Something nasty, ugly even twisted in my chest as he stared at her like he knew her, like he was remembering her and I felt my heart drop for a second before shaking it off. How would he know her? She didn't look like she recognized him so why was he staring at her like he was recalling their last encounter?

She didn't know he was the one responsible for my injuries because if she did, she wouldn't be smiling at him right now. My teeth grinded against each other from how hard I was clenching them. I didn't care how fake her smile was, I didn't want them near each other. He didn't even deserve to look at her and it made me regret forcing her to come to school today.

She didn't even want to come. She begged me to stay in bed and I refused because if I let her stay in bed, her brain would spiral and she would self sabotage herself but in all honesty, I was afraid to leave Eris by herself because she'd have that look in her eye—one that told me she was on the verge of giving up and I didn't trust her to be alone with herself.

My patience snaps when he leans in to touch her hair, she stiffens and instantly I'm on my feet. The class quiets when I grab his wrist in my hand, "Touch her and I'll break every fucking finger on your hand." I sneer, shoving his arm away. His face flushes with anger and embarrassment and I drag Eris's chair—with her ass on it right beside my desk, leaving a very confused Azrael behind. I would've dragged her over here with me too but he wasn't interested in Azrael and she could take care of herself.

The class is quiet when I settle myself back into my seat, even the teacher shuts her goddamn mouth for once. "Why'd you do that?" Eris asks when everyone's attention shifts.

"Stay away from him." I growl, tucking her chair closer.

She frowns, "Why?" Her brows furrow and my fingers twitch to smooth them out. "He was nice." She tells me and my fists clench shut, nails digging into my skin, "Or not..." She trails off, glancing at my hands, "Do you know him?"

I watch as she leans on my desk, crossing her arms in my hoodie that I lent her since she left all of her shit at her house, another thing I had to do because as much as I loved seeing Eris in my clothes, I wondered if she missed her own clothes. Eris was someone who always put thought into her outfits, hairstyles, and everything else but the more I thought about it, maybe...maybe she didn't miss it. She was always covering her skin. I noticed that whenever I had gave her a shortsleeved shirt, she'd ask for a long sleeve or when I'd give her shorts or a pair of boxer briefs, she'd ask for sweatpants and it tugged at my heartstrings.