Chapter 21- Loki

The ride home from the hospital is tense

The ride home from the hospital is tense. Lucio hasn't spoken a word to me since we've gotten in the car—after him and the doctor had spoken to eachother alone. My stomach knots in twists at how emotionless he looks but I say nothing.

Turn out I have three broken ribs, my arm had been dislocated and my face looks like it's been through hell and back. My body aches everywhere but there isn't anything I can do but swallow down the pain. I didn't get to see Astraea after neither, when I asked Lucio to see what they said about her hand—she was gone meaning she had to get out of there before someone came after her because someone was always after Astraea.

Lucio finally breaks the silence, "You lied to me."

I stiffen, "What are you talking about?" I ask, warily.

"You said you were sober." He grits, his hands tightening around the steering wheel. "You told me you were clean."

I freeze, my blood running cold as the words leave his mouth. "I am clean." I swallow thickly, trying to keep my voice even but I can feel panic swirling in the pit of my stomach.

"Don't fucking lie to me!" He shouts, the car jerking. His body is shaking as he keeps his eyes on the road, "Don't you dare lie to me again." He croaks, his chest heaving. "You made me feel guilty for accusing you of it. I felt like shit for even thinking of it and I was right the whole time." My throat tighens as he continues, "You said you'd come to me if you had the urge to take drugs. You lied to me."

Guilt hits me hard. I feel it weighing down on me as my mind races. How'd he find out? Did the doctors take any tests I didn't know about? Did someone tell him? Did he find anything? How'd he find out? My leg starts to bounce up and down, hands shaking as I stare out the window and try to figure out how this happened.

My eyes burn, "I'm sorry." I rasp, unable to look him in the eye as my heart pounds against my chest.

"Yeah?" He murmurs, "Well, I don't forgive you." He snaps and I flinch at his harsh tone even though I know it's deserved. "I thought I could trust you." My chest feels like it's on fire as I listen to him speak, "I want to trust you but you make it so hard." He sighs like the world is on his shoulders, "And tonight? What the fuck were you thinking?" He growls.

I feel my blood start to boil but I cool it down, "Astraea was in trouble." I tell him, "I was just trying to help her."

"Maybe you should stay away from her." He tells me in that no nonsense fucking tone like I'm a child with no brain.

My fists clench, "What the fuck are you talking about?" I growl, lowly.

He doesn't even glance at me, "She's trouble." He states, "Look at what happened to you tonight." He points out, "You could've died and for what? For a kid who doesn't even give a shit about her own life? She's trouble, Loki." He tries but I'm not even listening to him as my ears start ringing.