Chapter 17- Loki

I park outside Eris's house the next morning, "Yeah, I just got here

I park outside Eris's house the next morning, "Yeah, I just got here." I tell my brother, whose currently on the phone with me.

Eris had told me to come exactly at 8:00, she had sent the message at 3:00 in the morning after she hung up on me so here I am at 7:57 just waiting. "Maybe you should go in." Lucio suggests, "Try to see her father again."

I tilt my head, "Yeah, your probably right." But just as I move to exit the car, her front door bursts open. "Nevermind shes already coming out." I tell him, watching the back of her head as she locks her front door. "Are you going to be at the house when I get back or you plan on leaving?" I ask.

"I'll be here." He chirps, "I'm not leaving until ten, I'm waiting for Azrael and Rico to finish getting ready. I think Lucas is coming with us too." They were going to a carnival that just opened up earlier this week. It was going to be gone in a couple of days so they decided to go today.

I nod, "LeRoy's staying then, probably a good idea since he's been having frequent episodes." I point out, my eyes moving back to find Eris as I wonder why she's taking a while. When my sight lands on her again, I frown. Dread bubbles into the pit of my stomach as she limps down the steps slowly, her hand clutching onto her stomach as if she's in pain and when she lifts her head up, I rush out of the car.

When I stop in front of her, she flinches. "You're face didn't look like that last night." I growl, anger fueling through my veins.

Her eyes meet mine and I almost flinch at how hollow they are. There's nothing in them. No spark. No fear. No happiness. No sadness. Nothing. They're empty as she stares back at me, "What happened?" I croak.

She just rests her head on my chest, "I'm so tired." She rasps, her voice barely even there as if she's been screaming her lungs off.

My throat tightens, "I know, my sweet girl." I whisper, "You're okay." I soothe, softly but her body shakes against me and I worry, "Eris, talk to me." I rub her back gently, now noticing how empty her hands are. She didn't bring anything with her, "Where's all your stuff?" I ask, my heart thudding against my chest.

I pull back just enough to look at her clearly. Her cheek was worse than the last time I saw her, it looked as if she had been hit multiple times more. My eyes fall lower, her lips seemed swollen. I don't know, they just didn't look how they usually did. It's only when I tilt her head back do I catch sight of her neck, large fingerprints covering her skin.

She winces as I touch it, letting me do what I want. Something isn't right. Something isn't right. It was a nagging feeling that I had, that there was much more to what happened to her. I gulp, fear pulsing through my chest. "Tell me."

"It doesn't matter." She slurs, lazily. Her eyes blinking up at me tiredly, "Let's just go."

It does matter, I want to yell but I don't because I can see how drained out she is as she clutches her stomach tightly. "You sick?" I murmur, gently. I quietly help her down the rest of the steps, careful of her limp.