Sneek Peek - Book 3

Just a baby

Just a baby.

She was just a baby as he held her in his arms, he had been the first to carry her when she was born and it would have made him happy if it were his child but it wasn't.

It wasn't and it broke his heart because her father should've been the one holding her. It broke his heart because her mother didn't even want to hold her nor did she take her in and see how beautiful she was. The only words she spoke were, "I don't want her, send her to a group home." And three days after she had gave birth, she was gone.

He swallows thickly as he stares down at the baby in his arms, "I'm sorry." His voice cracks, "I'm so sorry." He strokes her brows, suprisingly dark for just being born three days ago.

She gurgles, her hand clutching onto his finger tightly as she wiggles. She moved alot almost as if she couldn't stand to be in one place for to long. She was beautiful, she had dark hair, pale skin that matched her father's and big brown eyes with lashes that kissed her skin. "You're father would love you." He murmurs against her cheek and for a moment he wished she were his, he wished he could keep her but he knew the risk. If her father found out he was keeping his child, he'd take her and nothing good came from the lifestyle her father lived.

She'd be safer without them.

He can't stop the tears that fall this time, "I promise to visit you," He swears, kissing her soft head. "But until then, be brave." He whispers his last words before calling down a nurse and disappearing.

" He whispers his last words before calling down a nurse and disappearing

Author's Note:

WHOSE READY FOR BOOK 3?