Chapter 31- Eris

Loki had been quiet these past couple of days in a way that had me concerned

Loki had been quiet these past couple of days in a way that had me concerned. He spoke to me but whenever he stopped, it almost seemed like he was holding himself back from blurting out something wrong. When I asked about it, he just told me there was alot on his mind and I when I offered to talk about it he shook me off.

It hurt way more than I'd like to admit but I smiled and shrugged it off because I didn't want to bother him, I had a feeling he was getting tired of having me around. Maybe it was time to go back home, I had been thinking about it for a while but didn't know how to bring it up.

I sigh, staring out the window as we drive quietly to school. It was raining today, matching the way I felt as I glanced over at Loki for a quick second. His hoodie was covering half of his face so I didn't even bother admiring him before moving my attention towards the other three in the back. Azrael had stood home today so it was just Lucas, Rico, and LeRoy.

Everyone was a little quieter especially with the tension going on between Lucas and Loki.

It's LeRoy who catches my eye, "You okay?" He smiles warmly.

I purse my lips, "Yeah, I just..." I sigh, running a hand through my thinning hair. "I think I'm going to go back home." It leaves my mouth before I can even stop it.

"Home?" LeRoys brows scrunch in confusion, "We just came from home. What do you mean?"

I fidget with my hands, "No, I mean I'm thinking about moving back home with my dad." I clarify, avoiding Loki's reaction as I stare out the window.

The car gets quiet, tension suddenly flaring up into the atmosphere. "What the fuck are you talking about?" Loki growls, his voice shaking with anger. "You never said you wanted to go back, you never said anything to me." He stops at a red light before turning to me, "Look at me." He demands, harshly. Hesitantly, I turn in my seat before lifting my eyes to meet his, "You aren't going back."

I swallow thickly, "That isn't your decision to make." I tell him quietly, hearing one of the boys inhale sharply in the back.

His eyes flash dangerously, "If you go back, I'm going to drag your ass right back, Eris. Try me." He thunders darkly, his eyes clouding over with fear but I couldn't just live with him forever. That was never the plan, the only plan I had in mind was to get away from Judas but he wasn't staying there anymore.

"Loki." Lucas warns, "She can do what she wants."

Loki seethes, "Stay the fuck out of it." He snaps, cars honking from behind us. "You don't even know why she's staying with us in the first place so shut the fuck up and mind your business." He sneers, the car jerking when he finally decides to pay attention to the road.

"Hey!" I yell, "What is wrong with you? He's your brother, don't talk to him like that." I tell him, frowning when his fist tightens on the steering wheel. "Just relax, we'll talk about it later." My eyes moving over to Rico whose watching the scene with anxious eyes.