Chapter 24- Eris

"Where are we going?" I ask, confused as Loki drives us in the opposite direction of his house especially since it was raining kind of hard today

He gives me a lazy smile, "We're going to see that ocean you love so much."

"Really?" I perk up, a little excited for the first time in a while, "Why?"

Loki's eyes warm at my obvious excitement, "Let's call it a date." He tells me and my cheeks flush, "I've never taken you on one and you deserve one. I want you to have a good day despite all the shit that's been happening and I want to see why you love the ocean so much." He reaches out to cup my warm cheek, "I just want to be with you today."

His hand drops down to meet mine before intertwining our fingers together, "We on the same page or do I have to turn this car around?" He raises an eyebrow at me when I just stare at him.

I nod my head, "Yeah, we're on the same page." I breathe, smiling as he kisses my fingers.

He doesn't look away for a while before speaking, "I want you to smile all the time."

"I want to smile all the time too." I admit, agreeing with him. "One day." I promise, hugging his hand to my chest.

Loki nods, "One day." He repeats, his gaze finding the road again and I watch him as he drives, my stomach fluttering with butterflies. Sometimes it was hard to look away from Loki, he was beautiful in a way that hurt.

When I finally tear my gaze away from him, my eyes find the scenery outside. It was still raining but it was so damn pretty and it was my favorite part of the day. The sky was gray and the leaves in the trees were flying with the wind, I could practically feel my heart race with need to be near the water, my skin burning with need to feel the rain against my skin.

A soft sigh leaves my lips as we get closer, the mountain of rocks coming into view. "This is my favorite place." I murmur, softly.

"I know." Loki says just as quietly, "You always use to talk about it and beg me to go with you." He reminds me, smiling slightly and memories of the beginning of our friendship hit me. Memories of when me and Loki use to laze around all day with my legs crossed in his lap or his hands in my hair while I rambled on and on about anything and everything.

I tilt my head in thought, "Do you ever think
about what you want to do in the future?"

His eyebrows shoot up in suprise as my sudden question, "Like as a job?"

"Yeah, I guess." I respond, shrugging. I just wanted to know where he saw himself in the future, I've never heard Loki talk about his future and sometimes I wondered if he even saw one for himself.

His brows furrow in deep thought, "I've never really thought about what I wanted to do." He admits quietly, "I'd probably be playing baseball or maybe even teaching it." He frowns, "Or maybe not, I haven't played in a while."