Chapter 14- Eris

He was still here

He was still here.

I watched him watch me, the room dark with only streak of light coming from the window. It was raining outside, the soft pitter patter knocking against the window softly.

I enjoyed watching him. Analyzing him. Appreciating him. He was beautiful. My eyes trail over the sharp edges of his jaw, sweeping softly over his plump lips. His pale skin contrasted beautifully against my dark sheets, making him look ethereal. His light brown eyes, his long lashes that rested perfectly on his his eyelids. His dark wavy hair was a mess but so was the rest of him and that's what I loved so much about him. He wasn't perfect by any means but he was messy, real and it was beautiful.

My eyes travel lower, gazing over at his bare torso. He was mouthwatering. He was long and lean with his smooth pale skin, that had hard ridges from playing sports. He had a couple of tattoos, small and hidden from everyone else but me. His legs were covered in black sweatpants so I moved my gaze back up to his face, meeting his brown eyes.

He was already looking at me and I couldn't find it in me to be embarrassed when he ran a finger down the small of my nape, moving down to my shoulder. I shiver at the sparks it leaves behind and my breath catches when he gets to my spine. We stare into eachother eyes for a moment before he opens his mouth, "I changed my mind." He whispers, his voice husky and lazy.

My eyebrows furrow, "About what?"

"I can't stay away from you." He croaks, "I don't want too." Then he licks his lips, anxious. "Be with me." He says abruptly.

I blink. Processing his words, "Dude." My teeth clench, "Get real."

He sits up, "No. I'm serious." He urges, "Be with me. I can't stay away from you. I can't even think about anything other than you. I was scared because I thought I'd fuck up your life but I can't stay away." He breathes, reaching out to grab my hand and press it against his chest. He was nervous. His heart was beating fast against my palm.

I shake my head, "I won't be with you."

His face drops, "What?"

"I won't be with you." I repeat.

"What the fuck?" He growls and I almost laugh, "Why not? I thought that's what you wanted." He looks offended more than he is mad. When I snicker, he scowls, "Eris." He growls, "Eris, stop laughing at me." He sighs, running his hands through his hair.

I can't help it, I giggle at how annoyed he is because it's such a Loki thing to do. His eyes soften a bit at my laughter, "I do want to be with you. I swear." I smile, smothering the rest of my laughter, "But do you really want that? I mean you always push the idea of it away and I know how indecisive you are. I want you to really think on it before you even make this decision." I explain softly.

"I don't need to think about it." He argues stubbornly.

I snort, "Yeah." It's amusing really. I spent so much time being upset about it but I'm tired of being upset.