Chapter 25- Loki

I hesitate by the kitchen as I watch my brother's listen to Matias who tell the two a story about him and his brother when they were younger

Yesterday, after both me and Eris came back home. I had been thinking alot and it wasn't until I admitted to Eris about my bipolar disorder did I realize that I need to tell my brothers about me relapsing. Not only because it was the right thing to do but because I was afraid of what would happen if I didn't.

If they didn't know then there was a chance I could relapse again and if they didn't know then nobody would be able to keep an eye on me.

My conversation with Eris yesterday has a small small quirking on my face, reminding my why I was doing this. I was able to call her my girlfriend now. She was all mine and after I told my brothers about my relapse, I would tell her too. I wanted Eris to know everything about me just like I wanted to know everything about her.

Matias catches my eye, a wide smile spread on his face despite his obvious exhaustion. "Hey, Mijo. Come sit." He says warmly, patting the seat beside him. "What's up? I barely see you anymore, you doing okay?" His hand reaches out to brush my hair back with fatherly affection and I let him. Matias was the closest thing with had to a father and I'd never take advantage of it, it was because of him that me and my brothers survived when we were just boys and I'd be grateful forever.

"He's been to busy with Eris." LeRoy teases, a small smile on his face as he watches me roll my eyes.

Matias laughs quietly, "Azrael's best friend?" He wonders, "She's pretty." And for the second fucking time this week, my face flushes and I rub my neck as it heats because fuck. I've never had a girlfriend before. I've never had a dad to talk about the girls I like. Me and my brothers didn't talk about it because we always had bigger problems so this was uncommon and it felt weird to talk about it.

I ignore Lucas who let's out a loud laugh at my obvious discomfort, "She's my girlfriend, now." I tell them quietly, "We talked yesterday and I was able to talk to her about my disorder." Matias's hand tightens on the back of my neck reassuringly, "I feel... happy." I finish, blowing out a huge breath of air.

When I look up, they're all smiling and I feel my shoulders relax. "I'm happy for you." Matias speaks up first, "She's a lucky girl." He tells me and I feel my heart explode because yeah I knew I was lucky to have Eris but was she lucky to have me? It felt like I didn't deserve her.

"I'm definitely the lucky one." I murmur.

He nods, "I know, I was just trying to make you feel good about yourself." And when I laugh, his eyes warm, "Kidding. We're all lucky to have you in our lives, mijo. I feel like you forget sometimes but we love you and there's not a thing that I'd change about you." He says and I swallow thickly, "Nothing." He repeats.

It's quiet for a moment, "Nothing?" I mumble, my eyes following after LeRoy and Lucas who are watching me with warm eyes and it's clear they're happy for me.