𝟬𝟱. momentum

CHAPTER FIVE
we get into trouble and lose our minds 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐀 bunch of kids and teenagers were running around everywhere when Raegan arrived at the arcade where Chris worked. She looked around the busy place, only to find no one at the cashier register and no sign of Samantha or any of their friends.

     However, she did see a familiar face marching into the old laser tag place next door with two goons on her side.

     Raegan didn't need to think. She just ran. The blue LED lights were on when she entered the laser tag area. She could grunt and punches being thrown here and there. Then someone was kicked in front of her, painfully skidding on the floor. Her eyes adjusted and she found herself facing a guy from Cobra Kai.

    He didn't even hesitate. He instantly knew she was the enemy and threw a punch. Raegan blocked it with her arms, knowing she didn't have time to duck. He threw another, she was pushed back. 

    When he realized she wasn't budging, he changed his attack but Raegan was waiting for him to do that. As he swept his leg under her feet, she jumped and struck hard with her elbow hitting him right in the face. He dropped to the floor with a groan, holding his bad nose. The guy didn't get up after that.

    Left and right, all she could see were fighting. The Miyagi-dos were miserably going down. She tried to help them as best as she could, fending them off as much as she could, but she couldn't handle them all at once. 

    Raegan was good, but not that good.

    From the corner of her eyes, she saw a red mohawk running somewhere. Probably to maim and hurt but she didn't have much time to wonder as a very familiar voice echoed throughout the laser tag place.

    "Show yourself, LaRusso!"

    Raegan ran. Not away but towards the voice. She didn't stop. All she could think about was Samantha and how she must be feeling right now. Raegan wasn't dumb. She knew Samantha was having a hard time since the fight and she knew it was mainly her fault for dragging her into that. Just because of some girl's petty jealousy that ended in something worse.

    As she turned a corner, Raegan found Samantha standing still and obviously petrified by the sound of that voice. She breathed in relief. "Sam."

    "Rae," The brunette whimpered, cowering between the walls.

    "You shouldn't be here," She whispered, a worried furrow between her brows. "You shouldn't have come here."

    Samantha didn't say anything. She simply curled into a ball, her pupils wavering, her face as pale and her body shaking terribly you would've assumed she had hypothermia. But it was panic. And Raegan knew that feeling all too well.

     She crouched down and touched her sister's cheeks. "Look at me. Stay here. Okay? Don't leave just yet. If you see anyone, run. Don't look back."

    Samantha nodded shakily, burying half her face in her legs. 

    "Okay," Raegan exhaled. "You're gonna be okay."

     As she left her sister, Raegan finally came face to face with the person who'd been running through her mind ever since she got there.

    "You're not who I was looking for," Tory said spitefully.

    Raegan stepped forward. "You didn't say which LaRusso."

    Tory screamed as she charged at her. Raegan sidestepped and parried her punch, the latter was furious and she knew she'd get tired easily. She went on defense, not wanting to hurt her unless she had to. Raegan didn't go there to fight. She was there to protect her sister in other ways she could.