𝟬𝟯. days gone by

CHAPTER THREE
i'm not like them but i can pretend

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐀fter seven years of living in the LaRusso household, Raegan was already used to being scolded by Daniel, when sometimes, she came home late. Luckily, he didn't ground her this time when she arrived later than she planned to after hanging out with Miguel and his sweet Yaya last night. He didn't even say anything. He just smiled at her like nothing happened.

     Her phone suddenly made a ding sound as the screen lit up, interrupting her relaxing session. Her lips slightly tutted in confusion before grabbing the device, only to see a text from none other than Miguel Diaz. He was inviting her to dinner with his family, and that his mother and Yaya were cooking some really delicious foods. She was more than happy to agree and replied to him that she'd be there in a few minutes.

     The trickiest thing was that she had to lie again or else, Daniel would probably lock her up inside her room. He was overly protective like that. Raegan walked into the kitchen and found her mother reading a magazine by the counter table. Constantly sipping on her fresh lemon drink. She prepared to make an excuse.

     "Hey, Mom," Raegan chirped, causing the woman to look up as she gave her a warm smile.

     "Hey, honey," Amanda raised an eyebrow, studying her from head to toe. Well, she did dress differently today. "Going somewhere?"

     "Uh, yeah. Kind of," Raegan smiled sheepishly. "My friend invited me to dinner with his family."

     "Huh? With his family?" Amanda furrowed her brows. Then a teasing smile suddenly slipped on her face. "Is there something I don't know about?"

     "He's my friend," She sighed, but the mother wasn't buying it. "Mom. Please, can I just go?"

     Amanda began shooing her away playfully. "Sure. Go on. I'll just tell your father some random excuse."

     "Thanks, mom. You're awesome!" A grin appeared on Raegan's face as she engulfed her in a big hug. She pecked the woman's cheek before bouncing away from her and out of their house.

     The moment she arrived at the apartment, Miguel's grandmother immediately welcomed her inside and told her that Miguel was in his room doing God knows what since he woke up early in the morning. Then Yaya went back to cooking in the kitchen. Raegan shook her head in amusement as she watched the old woman leave. The coolest grandma ever.

     Raegan knocked on his door a few times, then the door opened. Her forehead creased in confusion at the sight of the out-of-breath teenager. Miguel looked like he just run a marathon.

     "What's up?" Raegan stared at him, a little amused.

     He placed his hands on his waists like he was a strict teacher. "You're late."

     She rolled her eyes and smacked his shoulder, earning a small yelp from the boy as he watched her casually walk straight inside his room. She closed the door behind her, and the Bluetooth speaker in his room was blasting out familiar old songs that she often listens to at home.

     "Guns 'N Roses?" Raegan gasped dramatically. "Who are you and what did you do to my Miguel?"

     "Sensei said something about the band, and I searched it up, and then ta-da!" He said with a small grin on his face as he continuously punched the air. No wonder he was all sweaty. "Here we are."