𝟬𝟮. sacred tables

CHAPTER TWO
they all thought i was an outcast

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐈t wasn't that Raegan hated dresses, but the mere thought of wearing one for more than a minute was horrifying to her. She was sitting on her swivel chair inside her room, unquestionably glaring at the bright pink dress laid out on her bed. Wishing that it would suddenly burst into a fire and disappear from her gray mattress. It really was ruining the theme of her room.

     Three knocks on the door suddenly interrupted her lovely staring contest with the rose-colored dress. She stood up with a sigh and hastily opened the door to reveal her sister, who was grinning from ear to ear for some reason. Raegan couldn't relate.

     "Raegan!" Samantha sauntered freely inside her room.

     "What do you want, Sammy?" Raegan groaned and plopped back down on her favorite swivel chair.

     Her sister sat on her bed and glanced between the dress and the blond in confusion. "Why aren't you still dressed?"

     "Do you really expect me to wear... that?" Raegan sent a resentful glare at the dress. "I honestly don't know how you take it."

     "But you have to," Samantha chuckled, raising her perfectly drawn eyebrows.

     "First impressions," Raegan muttered, remembering their mother's words. She begrudgingly grabbed the dress off her bed, then held it up with both hands like it was a strange object and she was inspecting it. "Fine."

     Raegan wanted to go home. 

     She'd sitting alone around the same table for the past couple of hours while she constantly ate food here and there almost absentmindedly. Samantha didn't even come. As usual. If she was there with her, maybe Raegan wouldn't be so sour. But she wasn't. Because apparently, she'd rather hang out with her pompous friends than her family.

     Speaking of family, she could see them socializing with every person they see. Well, she wasn't going to lie that her parents were quite popular because of their auto dealership. However, she just kept minding her own business.

     Besides, she didn't know anyone and certainly didn't plan on knowing them. Other than that, she did see Samantha's old best friend, Aisha Robinson. She was nice and all. But all Raegan wanted to do was escape from the place. It just wasn't her scene. 

     After a while, she finally grew tired of just sitting there and being around old people and her surly little brother. Raegan sighed heavily and stood up from her chair to find her parents. Luckily, it didn't take long to find them as she saw them just by the pool. Their eyes simultaneously landed on her. She waved her hand to get their attention as she trudged towards them.

     "Hey, honey," Amanda greeted her with a smile.

     "Hey," Raegan sent her a tight-lipped smile. Then she looked at Daniel with a hopeful face. "Dad, can I go leave now? I just remembered I have some important things to do back at home."

     "Important things?" Daniel asked, raising his eyebrows suspiciously. 

     Raegan rolled her eyes discreetly, feeling a little amused but she nodded. "Yes, Dad."