𝟬𝟱. the equality

CHAPTER FIVE
it's crazy what you do for a friend

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐈t was a very strange sight for everyone to see Raegan waking up with a big smile on her face. Other than that, she felt extremely relieved to know that Samantha finally snapped out of her lovesick state and realized that Kyler was nothing but a piece of shit. Raegan also texted Miguel a 'good morning,' and a very silly message that put a huge smile on the boy's face when he woke up and started doing his daily exercise.

    Every single day, Raegan never failed to put a smile on his face, even though he could be so tired from all the training. He was more than grateful to have her by his side. She would always accompany him in the dojo when he trained━and that, well, maybe boosted his confidence and made him fight even more strongly. It made him determined.

     Johnny eventually had grown used to the teenage girl being around his dojo. Like literally all the time that he even thought Miguel and her were together. Which they clearly are not, but he still teases them about it sometimes. At least when he feels like it.

     But no one still knows about she can really do. Raegan practically grew up with karate, but nobody knew that except her family. She planned on keeping it that way. At least for now. Besides, she knew how they would react, and she didn't want them to hate her just because her last name was LaRusso.

     Every day, every night, Raegan watched him learn more and improve every single day that he trains with Johnny. She was more than happy for him. He'd grown a lot since the first time she met him in that mini-mart. She'd also been hanging out at his house, almost all the time. Sometimes she'd even cook along with the boy, and join him in doing push-ups and different kinds of exercises. Miguel's been growing some muscles and she couldn't deny that he looked different than before. It was a good thing. Trust me.

     And every day, they grew even closer to each other. Every day, Raegan grew to realize that she might've liked him a little more than she planned to.

     Right now, Raegan was in the dojo, sitting on the mat as she watched Miguel fight with Johnny. Completely and utterly engrossed with the whole thing. Inwardly, she was pretty much rooting for Miguel to beat his ass down, and for a second, she doubted he could. But then, he eventually did. She also doubts Johnny Lawrence doesn't have any tricks up his sleeve. He always does.

     With one last unexpected sweep on Johnny's leg, he fell to the ground rather too smoothly. The man had another idea, and he suddenly pressed the button for the baseball machine. A ball flew and hit Miguel right on the side of his face. He crumpled to the floor, crying out in pain, and Raegan grimaced.

     "You're not dead, are you?" She grinned slightly. Johnny sent her a small smirk, then looked back at Miguel on the mat as he continued to complain that it was unfair.

     Raegan was pretty much enjoying everything in her life. Well, other than the fact she had to go to those stupid dinners with her family and his clients about things she couldn't care about. Unfortunately, at the moment, she was in one of those stupid dinners with her family.

     She stood beside an unhappy Samantha, grabbing random foods on the long table to satisfy their stomach. Other than the fact she was there unwillingly━there was food so she decided she wouldn't complain that much. She actually wished she was in the karate dojo right now with Miguel and Johnny. At least there, she could learn some things, even without doing it in front of them. They would flip shit if they find out she'd been a LaRusso all this time.