𝟬𝟴. miscalculations

CHAPTER EIGHT
watch them react as you grow

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐑aegan was pretty surprised when she received a lot of messages from Miguel telling her about his amazing date with Samantha. For heaven's sake, she just acted like she was fine with everything he had said, even though her heart was twinging painfully like never before. She let her mind drift off when he invited her to train with them at a local place with abandoned cars. A junkyard.

     That's how she ended up outside the public space with abandoned cars. She stood beside Miguel with all the other students of Cobra Kai, Johnny standing above a broken car in front of the class.

     "You've trained hard. You've gotten stronger, tougher, faster. You've done your best," Johnny announced. "You're ready for this tournament, am I right?"

     "Yes, Sensei!" They chorused.

     "Wrong!" He barked, making some of them flinched. At least the newer and younger ones. "Your best ain't shit! If you want to win the All-Valley Under 18 Karate Tournament, you gotta give me better than your best. Which is why from now on, you're gonna get my worst. You understand?"

     For a second, Raegan looked bewildered by the sudden announcement. So, they were competing. It fired up her other side that loved seeing people compete, but her other one? It wasn't so thrilled, because she knew Daniel would lose his shit if he heard Cobra Kai in the tournament. It's like an insult to him.

     "Yes, Sensei!"

     "Are you losers?"

     "No, Sensei!"

     "Are you nerds?"

     "No, Sensei!"

     "Are you sure?"

     "No, Sensei!"

     Raegan stifled a laugh when everybody answered, and that made Johnny slap a hand to his face. He decided to forget about it and made them start their training. As ruthless as he can be. Although they basically just ran over some truck wheels on the ground, and smashed cars and other breakable things surrounding them.

     It didn't seem much like karate training, but it kept their spirits up. They all had grins on their faces. Peals of laughter escaped their lips. Stars twinkling in their eyes. She was more than having fun. Hell, she almost felt at home.

     A part of her wish she was part of Cobra Kai, and not just hanging out and tagging along in their training. She was an honorary member. I guess, that could be enough. Because she knew her father would kill her if he found out she'd been hanging around with these people that had become her friends and a big part of her life.

     Her favorite part had to be smashing the abandoned cars. How ironic it was that Daniel LaRusso was an auto dealership owner, and there she was━breaking down cars with bats along with her closest friends like some kind of renegades.

     Raegan followed behind the others, running on those wheels, and stepping on the holes. All of sudden, Aisha fell down from the front, and that led to everyone falling down on top of each other. Miguel discreetly placed a hand over her head so she wouldn't hit the ground. He even tried to keep the others from completely falling on her. He didn't exactly want them to crush her underneath their heavy weights.