𝟭𝟬. two-faced

CHAPTER TEN
true friends stab you in the front

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

      𝐑aegan was sitting in front of Miguel, doing some hamstring stretching and talking about the most random things in the world. Then he brought up going on a date. She'd never been on a date. Sure, family dates, sister dates, but couple dates? Not even once. She didn't know what's the difference between them, but she hoped she wouldn't mess things up.

      "What about Friday?" He asked, reaching for her knees so he could stretch, Raegan doing the same thing.

      "Miggy, I'd love to, but I can't," Raegan sighed. "I promised Tory I'd come with her to the roller rink. She's got work there."

     "Well, great," Miguel shrugged. He grinned at her. "Let's turn it into a date night."

     "Candlelit dinner at the snack bar?" Tory walked past them with a small smirk on her face. "What am I? A third wheel?"

     Raegan let out a small chuckle. They talked about the fight in the woods, and surprisingly enough, Tory didn't hate her like she thought she would. She said she was just so caught up in the fight that she forgot it wasn't very serious. They laughed it out, and Tory thought it was a good idea to invite her to the roller rink, to air the hard feelings out.

     "Look, there's nothing more romantic than free hot dogs and chicken nugs," Miguel said dreamily, and Raegan cocked an eyebrow at Tory, who smirked in amusement.

     "Free?" Tory snickered "Not for you. You gotta pay up." Then she walked away from the couple, the smile on her face immediately fading.

     Miguel briefly threw his hands up as he rolled his eyes amusedly. Then he looked at the blonde in front of him with a sheepish smile. "I'll splurge."

     "All right," Raegan chuckled. "But you have to wear a costume. It's '80s night."

     "Are you kidding? I love the '80s," He said enthusiastically. "Dibs on Anthony Michael Hall in Weird Science."

     "I don't think you have to call dibs on that." She raised an amused brow at him.

      But then the door of the dojo opened, and a familiar boy with a red mohawk marched inside. Miguel patted her, excusing himself as he stood up and approached his friend. They didn't exactly leave on good terms after the fight, right after Miguel kicked him in the face with no hesitation.

     "Everybody, fall in," Johnny ordered. Everyone scrambled up to their feet as they stopped stretching, going over to their usual positions on the mat. "Today, we'll be learning one of the most important lessons a Cobra Kai could ever know."

      "Where's Sensei Kreese?" Hawk asked when he noticed no sign of the old man, although some of them felt relieved that he was nowhere to be seen.

      "Yeah. Shouldn't we wait for the sensei emeritus before we get going?" Stringray said. Then his eyes landed on the serious blonde man. "Or not."

      "Mr. Kreese will no longer be joining us," Johnny said flatly. Some of them glanced at each other, unsure what to feel about his decision. "I made a promise when I became your Sensei. To always look out for your best interests. Despite how hard this may be for all of us, he didn't have our best interests at heart."