𝟬𝟳. something new

CHAPTER SEVEN
i don't trust myself with loving you

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     "𝐎kay, pay attention. He's got my neck, I've got his elbow," Johnny said under Kreese's strong arms. Head-locked. They were showing them how it was done, and so far, it has been very easy to learn. "If I try to break out I dig in and I put him to sleep. If I go for his ribs He completely exposes his chest. Two difficult choices. What do you do?"

     No one answered. Or they just didn't know the answer.

     Johnny kicked his knee backwards and that made both of them fall over the mat. Raegan's eyes lit up. She realized what he was meaning to tell them. "You damn the consequences and you power forward."

     "You may get hurt," Kreese said. "but nobody wins by doing nothing."

     "You make a choice," Johnny said. "You make a move, you go all-in."

     Raegan pursed her lips, glancing at the Hispanic boy beside her, although unknowingly, a small smile ghosted her lips. He was already looking at her. She just realized how much she liked him. Ever since she met him in that stupid store with those stupid bullies. She wasn't thankful for them, but if that night never happened━she wouldn't have met him, and she'd be alone like she'd always been.

     The Cobras went to a different diner this time, all sitting around their own separate tables. Miguel sat alone on a table for two people, his laptop in front of him. He had this familiar focused look on his face, and Raegan sipped on some lemonade as she walked towards his table. He seemed busy doing something on his laptop.

     He noticed her, and he shifted nervously in his seat. She sent him a small smile and shook her head at his antics. "What're you up to?"

     "It's not what you think it is━" Miguel sputtered as she suddenly turned his laptop to face her. Only to find pictures of him and Samantha opened on the screen. He furrowed his brows, watching her nervously as she clicked through his laptop.

     "Huh?" Raegan mumbled, feeling a little dejected. But he said it wasn't what she thought it was. But she wasn't even sure what she was thinking or feeling. 

     "Let me explain," Miguel sighed quietly.

     "Okay," She murmured.

     "I swear, it's not really what you think it is," He said, glancing at his laptop which displayed a picture of him and Samantha LaRusso. "I realized that... maybe Sam and I weren't really supposed to be together. Yeah, everything happened for a reason, but I was terrible. For hitting her, and for ignoring you for no reason. I'm sorry."

     "It's okay, I understand. And you're both at fault so..." Raegan said, giving him a cheeky smile that made him roll his eyes amusedly. "And I already forgave you a long time ago. But if you think Sam━"

     "Rae, that's not it," Miguel exclaimed but quickly clamped his mouth shut when she looked away. "I want to make things right before... you know, we committed to each other. I don't want you to feel pressured to go out with me because of my mistakes. I don't want us to feel like we can't trust each other. Let me try to fix this. Would you let me?"

     "Okay. Okay," She nodded, trying to hide the relief creeping up her chest. He was trying. That was enough for her. "You know where to find me."

     Miguel sat frozen in his seat, watching Raegan LaRusso leave him alone in silence, going somewhere in the diner. His heart thumped against his chest, not realizing he had smiling as he thought about her. At this very moment, he finally knew what he was going to do. He was going to make things right, and he was going to make her happy. He was going all-in for her.