𝟬𝟲. two sides

CHAPTER SIX
on the other hand you just so weak

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐌aking friendships was never one of Raegan's best qualities, but she was welcoming for one, and I suppose, she had her kindness for that to thank. With her backpack slung over her shoulder, she rummaged through the small fridge filled in the same store around the bodega where she first met Miguel. Finally seeing what she wanted, she plucked it out of the fridge and walked towards her adoptive sister's old best friend, Aisha Robinsons.

     As she neared her, her phone suddenly made a noise, and she checked it only to see a message from her mother, telling her that she should come to the beach club with them. She couldn't exactly decline, so she responded with a simple 'okay'.

     "You wouldn't wanna go to the beach with me, would you?" Aisha asked a familiar girl in front of her as Raegan crept up from behind. "It'd be nice to have some backup." 

     "You should come." Tory's eyes landed on her as Raegan agreed. "I'm Raegan, by the way."

     "Tory." She nodded. Then thought about their offer for a second. She shrugged. "I guess I could suffer through a day at the beach."

     The girls smiled, delighted with their new found friendship, although Raegan doesn't exactly call her a friend just yet. Just acquainted. It takes a lot more than one hang-out to see the real attitude of a person.

     Now dressed in some sort of bikini underneath the denim shorts and a simple long-sleeved polo shirt, Raegan walked around the so-called beach as she tried to find Aisha and Tory. Because somehow, the two thought it would be fun to hide from her when she took longer to change in the bathroom. She came around a corner and found them near the railings of a balcony, the pool located below in front of them.

     "Hey," She smiled sarcastically, and the two females doubled in laughter as she approached them.

     "You know, this is not a beach," Tory said, looking around the place that had the same vibe as a country golf club. "Where are the homeless dudes on Rollerblades and the guys shoving shitty hip-hop demos in your face?"

     Aisha chuckled. "No, don't worry, they'll come after they pass out the hors d'oeuvres." 

     Meanwhile, down the balcony, and near the pool, Robby and Samantha laid on some of those beach beds, basking in the warm sun. All of sudden, the latter caught sight of her adoptive sister, and her old best friend with some other unfamiliar girl, laughing together to themselves like they'd known each other for years. Samantha squinted her eyes suspiciously.

     "What's going on?" Robby asked when he noticed the look on her face.

     "It's Aisha, and my sister," She said, blue eyes focused on the trio on the balcony. "We haven't spoken since everything that went down at Valley Fest. I feel like we should clear the air, but at the same time, I'm still pissed at them for ruining our performance."

     "I say go talk to her," He said, making her looked at him. "Worst case, if a fight breaks out, we could record it."

     Samantha smiled.  "Who knows, maybe I'll come back with a new Miyagi-Do student."

     Raegan grinned as she nodded in agreement at what Tory said to her. The girl immediately dragged her inside the beach house to do something that they weren't really supposed to do. But the latter had fueled her rebellious tendencies, and Tory seemed like a person who wouldn't take 'no' for an answer.