𝟭𝟭. the confessions

CHAPTER ELEVEN
i wanna leave without a trace

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐎ne of the things Raegan learned growing up was that━all it takes for something to go completely sideways is one wrong movement or a word. She did that before, and it was something she was trying hard to avoid now. Her selfishness and carelessness then had thrusted her into unwanted trouble. Some she didn't even know how to get out. Only she did, and it was because of her current family. They helped pull her out of the trouble she got herself in even when she thought she didn't deserve it.

     So when Yasmine came marching towards them, a furious look on her face. Raegan was more than prepared. She wasn't going to cause trouble this time, but she was there if her friends ever needed any help.

     "Hey!" Yasmine yelled. "You think it's funny crashing my party?"

     "It's not really your party 'cause we were here first," Aisha said smugly.

     "Yeah, well, I know you and your little karate gang think you're cool. But we all remember who you really are," Yasmine spat. Then she scoffed amusedly. "You're just a fugly bitch, and your friends are all freaks." She turned to her friend, wanting to leave the premises. "Come on, Moon."

     "No, I'm staying," Moon denied, moving closer beside Eli. "I apologized to Aisha for what we did, and you should too."

     "Whatever." A frown of disgust washed upon Yasmine's face, and she shook her head like she was disappointed by her. "You deserve them, Moon."

     Then she started to walk away, purposely bumping a little too harshly into Raegan. But the girl didn't react or move at all. She was unfazed, only watching her leave them. It was a win-win situation. Yasmine and her cult were gone, and they had the place to themselves. If that even makes anything better.

     "Hey, Yasmine!"

     Yasmine whipped around, her nose scrunching in disdain at the sight of the girl she bullied every day in school. "What?"

     "Let me help you to your car," Aisha said through gritted teeth. Everything else happened so fast. She had grabbed her by her underwear, lifting her up so abruptly that Yasmine screamed in pain. Then she threw her over the ground. "No mercy, bitch!"

     A crowd of teenagers circled around this m, laughing at the embarrassed girl as she stumbled away from the scene. Raegan frowned a little, hearing the girl's faint sobs as she stumbled to her car. She felt kind of bad. Yasmine was horrible, sure, but what Aisha did kind of threw her off guard. She didn't know which side she was on. Or if she was even on any side.

     Raegan walked away from them to find Miguel. He was standing by the campfire, drinking another bottle of alcohol. It made her sigh in frustration, fastening her pace. When she reached him, she hastily snatched the bottle out of his hand, and threw it to the ground, the content spilling on the dirt. He tried to make her stop but failed as he was too drunk to even think properly.

     "What the hell, Raegan?" He snapped.

     "Miguel," She frowned. "You need to stop."

     "What is it to you?"

     "Are we really doing this?"