𝟬𝟰. retaliation

CHAPTER FOUR
i don't know what's gotten into me

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

      𝐈t felt like decades since she went to a beach with someone but herself. Raegan was ecstatic when her friends invited her to their local beach. It was one of her favorite places there. Besides, it had always been one of her go-to places whenever everything started feeling a little too much. It soothes her mind like it somehow makes her feel empty, but the good kind of empty. The bad thoughts will fade away and all she was left with is peace.

      "Hawk," Miguel called their friend who was near the volleyball net where he was previously playing with Demetri. He had a wavering hand on the small of her back as they walked towards them.

     "Hey, there's the man and the woman." Hawk grinned, exchanging fist-bumps with him. Then his smile faded, noticing the sulking frown on his face. "No. No more of this."

     Raegan had no idea what was up with him, but she didn't bring it up, because if he wanted to tell her, he would've done it already. He'd been really moody in the past few days, but she understood. Miguel has this habit of hiding his problems from other people sometimes, especially when he feels guilty or pressured about something.

     "Look, it's a beautiful day out, the beach is packed with babes," Hawk groaned. "No more sulking about Sam. No offense, Rae."

     Raegan only raised her eyebrows at him.

     "I'm not sulking about Sam," Miguel said exasperatedly. "It's about Sensei."

     "Is this about his rap sheet?" Hawk said unsurely. "My parents read it online. I think it makes him more badass."

     "It's about him and Robby Keene."

     Raegan frowned. "What about him and Robby Keene?"

     "So, I did a deep dive online, and you were right," Hawk stated. "Sensei is definitely Keene's father."

     The group was back at the dojo, and they all sat on the mat with a few other students, doing different kinds of warm-ups. Raegan was stretching her legs with Miguel and Hawk around her, both of them doing the same thing as they prepared for their class to start.

     Miguel sighed. "I just don't understand why he wouldn't tell us."

     Maybe he didn't feel comfortable on telling them about it, or he just thought it wasn't important. But it was. At least Miguel and Raegan understood. Johnny was like a father figure to him, no matter how he seemed sometimes. But she also knew it was not their business. Johnny could do what he wanted to do.

     "But it explains why he's giving us shit for kicking Keene's ass at the tournament," Hawk scoffed, but Miguel just looked even more somber. "Show no mercy, unless it's his son. Then we gotta be pussies." 

     "You guys, have you seen the commercial?" Aisha said as she stopped in front of them. Her eyes drifted towards Raegan, and she froze for a second, feeling her breath caught in the middle. "Your dad just started his own dojo and he disses Cobra Kai."

     She pulled out her phone, and the two boys briefly glanced at the LaRusso, but she didn't return their gazes. Miguel grabbed the phone from her and watched the commercial in silence.

     "Because at Miyagi-Do, it's not about the money. It's about the karate," Daniel LaRusso said in the clip, and Raegan pretended like she didn't hear it as she continued to stretch her legs.