𝟭𝟯. stuck between

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
in a state of perpetual frustration

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐓he tournament went on and on, different teams pitting against each other until one of them lost. Everything made her feel more excited than she planned to. It was a dream come true, even though she wasn't in the tournament, and couldn't fight along with them. It was fine though. Watching her friends on the mat was enough, and their victory and loss was her victory and loss too.

     But then again, maybe she should've joined Cobra Kai in the first place. She just really liked karate because it kept her mind off things, and it often gave her an excitement that she used to find in reckless things. But simple as that sounds, there was just too much drama going on around her that she decided not to.

     Besides, her family wouldn't be too happy about that, and she values their happiness more than her own. She'd like to keep that as long as she could. But sometimes, her feelings get the best of her, and so she didn't promise.

     "Go, Bert!" Raegan grinned as the short boy walked in the mat to fight.

     She wasn't very close to him, but he was very nice and innocent. She even taught him some cool moves that she knew. The older boys were also very supportive of the younger boy and continued yelling out his name by the sideline, making her grin wider. Unfortunately, though, he got defeated easily

     Somehow, when Miguel's turn came around, her voice seemed to get way much more louder when cheering for him. Miguel had noticed the bright look on her face, and his cheeks suddenly felt hot. He thought about how she had always supported him. Even from the start, when he was just nothing, but a clumsy and nervous boy. Raegan stood up and punched the air, whooping in delight when he earned a point.

     Miguel exchanged looks with his mother, and his smile finally grew. Then his eyes fell on certain brown-haired LaRusso, who completely avoided his gaze, obviously still mad at him. He sighed under his breath, his gaze eventually landing on Raegan. He expected her to look away, but she didn't. Instead, she smiled. Like never before. He subtly gulped, ignoring the annoying beat of his heart like a chaotic drumline.

     "Miguel Diaz makes the semis."

     Raegan blinked when Aisha had beaten one of Topanga's members, but she already knew it wasn't qualified as she'd done something out of the rules. The referee called them, and they went back to their places. They began the match once more, and it made the blonde narrow her green eyes like she was trying to figure out what was going to happen next.

     Unfortunately, the only girl in Cobra Kai got swept by her feet, and Topanga earned the point. Raegan didn't think any of it. She sighed under her breath when she noticed the scowl on Aisha's face as she marched off the stadium. She picked up her skateboard and snuck off the bleachers to follow the girl.

    She found her, sitting on a bench against the wall. Approaching the grumpy girl, Raegan sat down next to her, pursing her lips. She didn't know what to say to her. After all, she'd always been so bad at words. Aisha glanced at her in surprise, then continued looking down at the floor.

     "Yes! Let's give it up for all of our competitors. You're all winners."

     All of sudden, Samantha appeared from the entrance of the hall and was surprised to see her sister beside her old best friend. Raegan's eyes snapped towards her, and she tensed for a second, not knowing how she would react. She didn't. Samantha just stood there, and she decided to leave with a small nod of acknowledgment to her sister.