𝟭𝟰. the calm before

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
caught up in your own small word

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐑aegan was about to roll over the bed when she hit something hard and warm beside her. With her eyes closed, she started to pat her hand around beside her rather carelessly. Then her eyes widened when she recognized the familiar scent that entered her nostrils, and she opened her eyes, unmistakably landing on a familiar boy beside her. On the bed.

      "Shit," She muttered. Then smacked his arm, earning a low groan from him, but he didn't wake. "Wake up, dude!"

      "What?" Miguel grumbled, rolling to his side as if nothing was wrong.

      "My dad's gonna freak out!" Raegan exclaimed, but he only snored in response. She was about to curse out loud when Miguel grabbed her down and buried his face over her neck. Her face turned red.

     "You told me to text them that you were at Aisha's," He mumbled against her neck.

      Raegan sighed in relief. "Oh, thank God."

      "Go back to sleep," He murmured.

      "Fine," Raegan sighed and moved closer to the boy as she snuggled over his chest. A faint smile lingered on his lips as they cuddled each other with their eyes closed, hoping to fall asleep once more.

     Not even a few hours later, Raegan was abruptly woken up by the faint sound of a door crashing outside. Miguel stirred up in his sleep when Raegan started to move, but he didn't wake up. She cursed under her breath, carefully slipping out from his arms━which was a bit hard to do since he seemed really keen on keeping her close. She combed her hair first then put on her Vans before quietly leaving the apartment.

     Raegan's eyes immediately landed on the apartment with an open door that only belonged to a man she knew. Johnny Lawrence. She glanced outside, and her eyes widened when she noticed her father's car sitting in the driveway.

     "Shit, shit, shit," Raegan muttered, bolting towards Johnny's apartment across from Miguel's.

      "Dad!" Raegan exclaimed upon seeing her father and Johnny, who was about to punch each other in the face. Thankfully, Samantha and Robby got a hold of them in time.

      "Raegan, what are you doing here?" Daniel demanded, holding Samantha's arm as he gently dragged her outside the apartment.

      Raegan sighed and only shook her head in disbelief, then started to march away from them. She was too tired to argue with him. Too much drama isn't good for her health. It was never good in the first place.

     "I'm going home," She muttered and left them to go home by themselves. Except this time, Raegan didn't have her car, so she'd have to walk alone. She didn't mind. She needed to be alone and a lot of time to think.

      She woke up the next day with a frustrated sigh. No, she didn't want to deal with school, and people today. But she had to go or else her father would kill her.

      She almost hit someone with her car when she parked it outside in the back of the school. She cursed under her breath, but a smile came on her face when she found Miguel leaning against a column with Aisha standing in front of him. They seemed to be worried, and Raegan knew why.

     "Hey," Raegan greeted, and the two smiled in acknowledgment.

     "Hey, babe," Miguel murmured, giving her a soft kiss on the forehead as Aisha cringed at them.