𝟭𝟬. party crashers

CHAPTER TEN
it's quite alright to hate me now 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐑aegan hated school. Especially the tests and surprise quizzes. But it was needed, so there she was, sitting in her homeroom class, taking a test on one of their subjects that she didn't really pay attention much. Other than that, she could literally feel someone looking at her from her left side in silence. Suddenly, a pencil dropped on the table, and she jerked slightly, only to see the frustrated look on Miguel's face. She was completely aware of why he was acting like that ever since.

     "What's going on?" Demetri whispered. "The test is almost over."

     "It's just a practice test. Relax." Miguel shrugged as he grabbed his pencil from the floor.

     "Easy for you to say," He retorted. "You have a girlfriend."

     Miguel slowly craned his neck to look at him. An incredulous crease between his brows. "What does that have to do with anything?"

     "I gotta do well on these so I do well on the actual test so I get into a good college, which will lead to a good internship, then a high-paying job, and then, after a couple promotions, I should have enough confidence to get a super-hot girl. You got the karate thing. I gotta play the long game."

     Raegan sighed in relief when she finished the test. She was about to walk away and exit the boring classroom when she was abruptly stopped by Miguel who suddenly appeared in front of her.

    "Hey," Raegan greeted, sounding a little unsure of why he was acting weird.

     He placed a hand around his nape like he didn't know what to say. But then he asked: "Wanna go train with us later?"

     "Why not?" She shrugged her shoulders.

     He walked away first with Demetri on his tail. When he got out of the room, Samantha was there waiting for him with that charming smile of hers. Raegan saw them, but she didn't waste any time to leave the two alone to fend with themselves. She wasn't going to be in the middle of that. It was just none of her business.

    "Hey!" Samantha smiled, grabbing his arm, and Miguel turned to face his girlfriend in surprise. However, deep inside, he was still a little upset about what he saw last night.

     "Hey," He muttered, giving her a quick kiss.

     "What's with the doom and gloom?" Samantha said, a non-erasable smile on her face as she held his hands. "Come on, I'm sure you did amazing, again."

     "Yeah, I was just a little distracted," He shrugged, his voice a little heavy with sadness, and maybe a bit of anger.

     "What? Why?"

    He shook his head slightly, discarding the thought of telling her about that night. "The tournament. I don't have a lot of time to prepare, so..."

     "Well, you had to have done better than me. The guy in front of me definitely did not shower. Made me completely forget how to calculate the volume of a sphere, but he definitely helped me remember the word malodorous."