𝟭𝟯. wishful thinking

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
i keep the rest locked up

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐀s soon as Miguel saw Raegan arrive at the party, his smile brightened and his eyes lit up. It was just the same for her. The sight of him planted a long-lasting smile on her face. A lot of people had come to the party, along with their Cobra Kai friends and from their high school. It wasn't a surprise since Moon was like, famous in their school, and she was very pretty. Like, who wouldn't attend her party?

     Well... probably Raegan. But not because she doesn't like her. She was just not good with these kinds of things.

     Raegan was busy chatting with Miguel, sharing random smiles with other people here and there as they walked around Moon's house. When suddenly, their eyes landed on a certain group of people. An uncertain look washed over Raegan's face as the couple glanced at each other and then back at the newcomers. She didn't have the energy to talk to her sister, and she silently tugged on Miguel's sweatshirt, and he immediately knew what it meant.

     "Let's go," He murmured, and the two walked away as the Miyagi-do students gave each other unsure glances.

      Raegan stood beside Miguel among the crowd of teenagers as they watched Tory and some random dude have a drinking battle. Standing atop a stool with one foot up while drinking the alcoholic beverage. They weren't really supposed to be doing these things, but what can they do? Besides, teenagers are scary sometimes, and it's better not to say anything or you'll be the one receiving the bad end.

      "Drink, drink, drink!" The crowd roared, clapping for the girl who won. Again. "Winner and still champion, Tory! Whoo!"

     Miguel grinned in amazement as he glanced at her, and Raegan returned it with a tight-lipped smile. She felt her breath catch when Tory suddenly jumped down from the wooden stool and looked at Samantha who just entered the backyard with her posse. Raegan stepped forward, but she was tugged backward by Miguel, who sent her a warning look.

     "Well, look who it is," Tory smirked as she walked towards Samantha, Robby trailing behind the brunette. "Maybe you'd like to play a little game? Or are parties more your speed, princess?"

     Samantha looked offended for a second, but she quickly plastered a hard expression on her face as she crossed her arms. "Just give me a cup."

     "Alright," Tory said, a permanent smirk on her face as she walked back to the middle of the crowd. "New game."

     "Tory."

     For a second, Miguel became confused, but then he realized, and his eyes slowly drifted towards the blonde girl beside him. Tory raised an eyebrow at her, and Samantha stopped on her feet along with Robby as Miguel watched her confusingly, squeezing her hand as if he was wondering what the hell she was doing.

     "I'll do it," Raegan cleared her throat.

     Miguel's eyes widened and Samantha felt her heart raced at her sister's words. She was covering for her. Raegan knew that it wasn't enough so she subtly inhaled a deep breath, and looked at the taller girl. Trying to act braver even though she wasn't. At least that's what she thought of herself.

     "You could call it round two," Raegan faked a smirk on her face, and that was enough to light a fire inside Tory. "Maybe you'd defeat me this time."

      Tory grinned wickedly. "Game on."

     Samantha was about to scold her sister, but Robby shook his head he grabbed her back beside him. Not letting her leave his side to interfere.