TWENTY-ONE

Hoseok couldn't even sleep that night, nothing but endless tossing and turning

Hoseok couldn't even sleep that night, nothing but endless tossing and turning. His face still felt as hot as earlier. He groaned into his pillow once again. The stars were twinkling in a dark blanket while the moon was high. Everyone was asleep but the prince who was only hurting himself by replaying that same event from earlier. His tent buddy was changed to Jungkook who was snoring away on dreamland. Honestly, the prince wasn't sure why it changed but he could only assume Taehyung was the cause of it.

Hoseok glanced at him, silently resenting the male for being able to sleep like a baby. He flopped his head back on the pillow as he stared up at the ceiling.

'Because he wasn't stupid and said he loved someone.'

Hoseok rolled to his side and groaned again. He remembered how stun she looked and how quickly she left. She slipped from his finger tips, leaving them tingling with her touch. Her warmth gone and disappeared into the night. He was going to explain but what more was there to even explain? She knew he had feelings for her and now knows how in love he is with her. This was only confirming what she already knew.

Hoseok sat up, ruffling his hair. The wind blew gently through a crack giving him fresh air.

'But she returned the kiss, surely that meant something? Dove wouldn't just kiss someone just because heat of the moment, right?'

Hoseok sighed, placing his hands in his lap. He wasn't so sure anymore. He thought it was clear with her feelings but he wasn't so sure. She was confusing at times and pull a full 180 on him. If she showed a bit is emotion, she completely goes blank. If she's unsure about something, she goes blank. That's where it hit him.

'She changed completely when she's unsure about her feelings.'

Hoseok eyed at Jungkook who was still snoring away, in his werid sleeping position with his limbs being all over the place. Confirming he was asleep, Hoseok grabbed a shirt and slipped it on. He then slipped out of the tent. He quietly and quickly headed towards the river bank. The moon being the only thing to light up his way. The cool night air hit his face, cooling his blushing cheeks. It tangled his already messy hair. He walked towards the river bank, sitting near the edge as he watched the water stream down.

"She seems like that type, no? I mean she already tries so hard to hide that self from people. But why? God I wish she told me, but she has this walls that no matter what I do, can't knock down." Hoseok sighed, now laying flat on the grass. He watched the stars twinkle, almost like they were laughing at his frustration.

"God who knows, and to make matters worse I have some audacity to say I love her when knowing full well she doesn't return those feelings." Hoseok place his hand on his forehead with a weak smile.