FOURTEEN

"Okay, one, two, three, and slide!" Hoseok shouted, sliding his leg over Taehyung's legs as he was crouched down

"Okay, one, two, three, and slide!" Hoseok shouted, sliding his leg over Taehyung's legs as he was crouched down. Taehyung yelped from the sudden attack and slipped, causing a loud thud to be heard. A loud clink was heard as the sword slipped his fingers and bounced on the ground. Taehyung groaned, rubbing his head as Hoseok stood above him, pointing the sword at his throat. Hoseok grinned, his eyes twinkling with pride.

"I win."

"I'm aware Hoseok. Now get off you cheater!" Taehyung whined. Hoseok drew back his sword and carefully placed his sword back on his side. He merely chuckle at his statement as Taehyung sat up straight.

"Why am I a cheater? I beat you, didn't I? Besides you said a key to winning the tournament isn't just skill alone, but you have to outwit the person as well." Hoseok grinned, lightly placing his sword on his shoulder. Taehyung stood up and stretched, rubbing behind his neck with his large palm.

"Well it seems your ready. And good timing too, tournament starts first thing tomorrow." Taehyung stated, picking up the sword with his foot, bouncing it upwards before he caught it with his hand. He carefully placed his sword in the cover that was wrapped around his waist. Hoseok couldn't stop grinning, he too placed his sword on the cover that was wrapped around his hips.

"I know! It starts when the sun is on the horizon! I can't wait Tae!" Hoseok eyes were sparkling as he bounces on his toes. Taehyung crossed his arms over his chest, raising his eyebrow seeing how excited the prince was over the tournament.

"I've trained all week and I think I'm doing good! Of course not as well as I wanted to be, but this is good!" Hoseok exclaimed, pulling out his sword once more.

"Yes but remember Hoseok, these trained their whole lives-"

"So have I. I just haven't for the past two months because of well being kidnapped. Of course I don't mind, but it's gonna be fine." Hoseok reassured, with a smile. In reality he was actually freaking out. His fear is that he's gonna come out with more than just bruises. Perhaps even a broken leg or arm. Either way he wasn't ready mentally and maybe not physically as well.

"I suppose. Either way be careful, Jungkook is joining this year. And let's just say he's one the best fighters here. Just watch out Hoseok." Taehyung warned. Hoseok nodded as his eyes flickering towards the figure that was walking towards them. The sun was setting giving the land an orange and pink glow. It almost appeared Hoseok's eyes turned gold with how bright the sun shines in them. Golden flakes dancing in his orbs, causing a honey a honey glow. They lit up seeing who was walking towards them.

Y/n was walking towards them, her two front pieces of her hair pulled back exposing her forehead as the rest of her curls bounced on her shoulders. But what she was wearing was surprising to the prince. She was wearing a thigh length black dress with of course knee length boots. It was lance with golden flowers dancing around the skirt. A golden belt was wrapped around her waist along with a sword. Of course, no matter what she wears, she always carries a sword with her. She was wearing fingerless black cloves with a symbol of a golden feather was placed on the back of her hand. The same symbol neatly placed on both sides of her head.