THIRTY ONE

"𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴?𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯𝘵 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘮𝘦?𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘮 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨?"-𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪�...

𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯𝘵 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘮𝘦?
𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘮 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨?"
-𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘭, (𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘨𝘰𝘥), 𝘬𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘴𝘩

His heart thumped in his chest like an endless drum. His eyes lit up like stars in the sky. He could feel his ears and cheeks slowly start to burn. His lips parted in shock, while his eyes didn't move from her. He didn't even realize the moment he stepped on the marble floor, the white dress now blending in the crowd and face lost in a blurred sea of people.

It was then moment was ruined and everything came back to life. The eyes he loved vanished into the crowd of people who swarmed towards him. He paid no mind to them, standing up straight and peeking over the crowds to find that sparkling white dress. But she was long gone and he was forced back to reality.

His dove flew away.

"—Your highness, I just want to congratulate you with your marriage."

Hoseok turned his head to face the person in front of him. He let his emotions slip. He quickly regained his poised and proper posture.

"Ah thank you. I'm sorry I didn't get your name." Hoseok responded. The man smiled, his lips pink as roses, his hair dark as night. It was parted in the middle with stands of hair tickling right near his eyelids. His attire was entirely black with small silver designs on the coat. His eyes were bright yet something lingered behind them. In fact, his mannerisms were quite different. Hoseok felt his eyes just narrow slightly while the man twirled the glass of wine in his hand. It almost looked like he was taunting him.

"Taehyun Kang, pleasure to meet you finally your highness."

Kang, why did that ring a bell?

Why was that familiar?

"My father talks about you all the time, it's almost like your his son and not me." Taehyun chuckled. Hoseok nodded slowly but before he could even question him, another person spoke up.

"I heard Duke Kang got arrested and robbed by Robin Hood. I am deeply sadden Lord Kang, he was good man. And just for that wenched Robin Hood to take from him."

"I know, I was very fortunate to be alive. I was out of town when it happened. Father nearly lost his riches because of it. My mansion was even burned down from what I heard. I couldn't even return to my own home." Taehyun sighed sadly almost dramatically.

Ah right, now he knows why it sounded familiar. His father had mentioned this earlier about the Kang Mansion, but he could've sworn the son was in town when it happened. Wasn't that the claim his father made? That his son was still in the Kang mansion?