twenty one

word count: 3.1k

~

Dick stopped the car and looked at Eleanor, who had her eyes on top of the buildings, rapidly scanning for any sign of Deadshot.

There was none so far.

'Remember our plan?' Dick asked and grabbed her wrist as she opened her door, ready to leave. Until he had confirmation from her he wasn't letting her go anywhere. She nodded at him and waited for him to let her go before she got out and shut the door behind her quietly.

Eleanor walked down the rest of the alleyway alone as Dick reversed out and moved onto the street where he drove off, only to make Floyd think he was leaving when in reality, he was parking only a block away in case Eleanor needed back up.

She stopped in her tracks when she saw another figure emerge from the end of the street, a handgun in his hand and a shotgun strapped to his back underneath his backpack. From the walk alone, she knew it was Floyd.

'You ready to go?' Floyd asked her, spinning his gun around on his finger before tucking it into his belt, under his trench coat.

She always hated that stupid coat.

'Yeah. Hey listen,' she said and stopped him, putting a hand on his chest. 'I took the liberty of hunting the bastard down myself. Broke into the prison, have him tied up a few blocks away,' she muttered. Floyd was shocked.. 'I knew a few people on inside and had to pull a few favours to do this, so let's not fuck it up okay?'

Floyd grinned and muttered, 'So my plan that I spent weeks on tryna' figure out how to take down the guards and tryna' figure out when he'll be in our line of sight and all that bullshit, was for nothing?'

She shrugged with a small grin, causing Floyd to laugh and wrap his arm around her tightly.

'That's my girl!' He exclaimed and shook her before letting her go and gesturing for her to lead the way. 'You know you grew up to be a lot more sturdy than I imagined...'

Eleanor gave him a curt nod, followed by a muttered, 'Gee, thanks.'

She led the way and made him follow her down the alleyway, listening to him begin to talk about his daughter, Zoe.

'Oh, she's gotten so big since you last saw her, ya' know? She's going to middle school now, top of all her classes,' he said, making her smile and awe, no matter how fake it was. 'She's grown a lot since you've seen her. Her mind has grown! She's so freaking' smart.'

Eleanor had never been so angered in her entire life, and although she had a plan in place, she was ready to throw it all out the window and blow his brains out in the alleyway there and then. But, then she'd have to deal with Dick and his long "that's not what heroes do" speech, and that gave her a headache by just the thought alone.

Once they turned down another alleyway, and were a far enough distance away from the Main Street, but still close enough to Dick so he could see her, Eleanor stopped and looked around to make sure there were no cops.

'Hey, what are we stoppin' for?' Floyd asked and looked over his shoulder then back at Eleanor. 'Shit!' He cried out and raised his hands up as she pulled the gun from her waistband and pointed it at his face. 'What the fuck girl? We were cool!' He yelled.