forty eight

word count: 2.2k

a/n: besties I'm sorry but y'all know what this is if you've seen the show

tw - anxiety attack (they can be brutal)

~

Knocking on Zoe's door again, Eleanor waited until Zoe opened it herself.

'Yes?' She asked curtly, poking her head through the door.

'I just wanted to come and check if you were alright. I know Connor told you what was going on with Hank.'

'I'm fine. Are you going out?' She asked and looked her up and down. She was wearing her shoes and her thick winter coat. 'Can I come with you?'

Eleanor hesitated. 'I'm going to the GCPD with Kory. We have to look over some footage. It's not really suitable...' She trailed off and sighed at the pleading face Zoe was giving her. 'Fine, but you tell me if you're uncomfortable and we'll leave right away. Deal?'

'Deal!' Zoe chirped and slipped out of the room, still not opening the door wide enough to fit through like a normal person. Eleanor raised an eyebrow and attempted to peek into the room, but Zoe shut the door quickly. 'Let's do this!' She said and began walking down the hall, not waiting for Eleanor.

+

Barbara looked at Eleanor, then Zoe, then at Kory.

'Is this your kid?' She asked Kory, who cocked her head to the side.

'She's mine. I'm her guardian,' Eleanor said, shoving her hands in her pockets. 'Look, we need your help.' Eleanor hated saying those words, but nevertheless, it had to be done.

Kory explained the Red Hood situation and told her all about Jason. The silence that followed was heavy and she could tell it was taking a lot of convincing from Barbara herself to believe their words.

'I wanted the Titans out of Gotham, but instead, I got one rising from the dead. My lucky day,' Barbara muttered and shook her head.

'Jason's not a Titan anymore,' Kory shot back quickly.

'And there's no way he pulled this off alone,' Eleanor added, looking at Kory and nodding.

Barbara asked, 'So we're looking for the live person who helped resurrect the dead person?'

'Exactly. We need to see the morgue security footage to see if his body was left unattended,' Eleanor said, turning her head in Zoe's direction but not taking her eyes off Barbara. She finally looked down at Zoe and nodded, acknowledging what she was pointing at— A man with a large gun standing in the corner, staring them down. 

'After what you guys pulled last night, I'm not exactly in a giving mood,' Barbara said and glared between the two women.

'Hank's attached to a bomb. We're not asking.'

Kory's words had Barbara huffing and wheeling herself towards the large screens at the end of the hall where she would more than likely show them the footage they sought after so desperately. There was already another woman at the controls.

'Will you pull up the morgue, Tuesday morning, oh-seven-hundred,' Barbara instructed.

The woman chuckled and muttered, 'Love me a little morgue in the morning.' Eleanor remembered her face but couldn't remember her name. 

'Bet you wish you'd stayed in San Francisco,' Barbara said to Eleanor and Kory, but only Kory replied.

'What'd I give for an oatmeal cortado.'