sixty

word count: 1.8k

~

They all tuned into the TV as it played through the RV.

'Conner Kent, also known as Superboy, has been exonerated from any responsibility in the death of Alexander Luthor Jr. While Mr Kent was in custody for a crime he did not commit, LexCorp has evaded all inquiry into the circumstances around Luthor's death. A death that was an apparent homicide still without official definition.'

Looking at Conner, Eleanor grabbed his hand and said quietly, 'We know who killed Lex Luthor. Everyone knows you're innocent now.'

He smiled at her gratefully, gently squeezing her hand.

'Arthur Homewood, Lex Luthor's personal physician,' Kory said and showed him the many articles she had pulled up on her iPad. 'He promised him a lot more than just a cure. He trusted a madman.'

Dick nodded in agreement as he said, 'Whatever power Luthor was buying, looks like Dr Homewood wanted to keep it for himself.'

Conner's gaze fell onto the table and he quietly admitted, 'I knew what people said about Lex. What he did to me. I just... I never thought he was capable of this.'

'You're not him, Conner. No matter how much he wanted you to be...' Dick said, placing a hand on Conner's shoulder.

'I never want to come back to Metropolis again,' Conner said, his smile growing as if it was mimicking Eleanors.

'Let's get out of here then!' She said, looking at Dick hopefully.

He chuckled and said, 'Your wish is my command.' Before leaving for the front of the RV.

Sonne after, Eleanor was pulled into the back of the RV by Rachel, who was giddily looking at Eleanor's stomach. Rachel ushered her down onto the couch as the RV roared to life and began a rolling start.

'How are you feeling?' She asked quietly, eyeing the boys, who were at the table, mucking around with uno cards, unaware of the conversation taking place less than six feet away. 'How the baby?'

'Still making me unbelievably sick,' Eleanor said softly with a small smile, one that charmed Rachel from the second she saw it in that cold interrogation room. 'I'm booked in for an ultrasound in a week... Would you like to come with me?'

Rachel's face lit up as she grabbed Eleanor's other hand and shook them together.

'Oh my god, yes!' She exclaimed quietly, almost as if it was a stupid question to ask. 'You know... When Deathstroke killed you?' Eleanor nodded, wondering where she was going with it. 'And I came to visit you... I saw your vision, the one about your mother and your brother. You look a lot like your mother, nothing at all like Bruce. Well, maybe only a little like Bruce.' Eleanor laughed. 'And I saw the one about the little girl with the red balloon.'

'How is that possible?' She asked her.

'It's the same way I can feel everyone's thoughts and dreams... When Dick was in the Lazarus Pit, he had a vision... about a little girl with a red balloon.'

'What? Why wouldn't he tell me?'

Rachel shrugged and said, 'That's why I think it's a girl.'

With a small sigh and deciding to move the conversation forward, Eleanor laughed.

'It better be, we're kind of outnumbered here aren't we?' She muttered as they eyed the RV full of rambunctious boys. Rachel rested her head on Eleanor's shoulder, but their sweet moment was interrupted by a flash and Gar awing loudly.