sixty two

word count: 2.5k

~

After all the excitement settled and the questions had been answered about the pregnancy, Dick went on the form a plan on how they were going to go about hunting down the witch they encountered.

'Gar, stay here. Keep an eye on Rachel.' Dick turned to Tim. 'Tim, I want you back at S.T.A.R. Labs.'

'Why?' He asked, standing up quickly and snatching his bo-staff off the table.

'Cause you almost died last night. I can't risk losing you.'

His shoulder slumped down. 'So... I'm off the team?' He asked.

'No. You start your Robin training today.' Everyone grinned and watched as he stood up taller, his smile growing widely. 'You're gonna finally learn how to use that bo-staff.'

'Okay,' he said through laughter.

'Kory and I have an errand to run,' Dick said, leaving Eleanor wondering if she regretted her choice in telling Dick about the baby. She was surely sidelined for the next seven months.

'We do?' Kory asked, raising her eyebrows.

'We're gonna go meet someone. Someone who can help us,' he said quietly. He looked at Eleanor and motioned for her to go to him. 'You're coming with me. You're to stay in my sights at all times.'

She rolled her eyes and remained silent as she and Kory left to get the Porsche ready to go whilst Dick stayed back and spoke to Conner, who called for him to wait for a minute.

+

'So are you gonna tell me why we're here?' Kory asked as the car pulled into Bludhaven jail.

Dick sighed and said, 'Didn't wanna say anything back there, but what happened to Rachel scares me. We're dealing with the supernatural. That's just not something I know a lot about...' The car rolled to a stop out the front of the gates.

Kory eyed the armed guards who walked around the car, checking out the vehicle.

'Without Rachel, we're gonna need someone who knows this stuff, knows the players,' Dick said, nodding his head firmly. 'El know's her as well, they were...' He trailed off as he turned around in his seat to see Eleanor slumped onto the door with her arms crossed. Her head was hung low and her shoulders gently rose and fell with each breath she took.

'I guess the ride over must have put her to sleep,' Kory said quietly, a small smile on her features.

Dick nodded and motioned for Kory to get out so they could continue their conversation without waking her up. Eleanor was going to have a big shock when she woke up.

+

'Still got the moves.'

Dick quickly swiped the artefact from the box and held it up for the young woman to see.

'I got some moves, too,' he muttered with a cocky grin.

'Who invited you?' She asked, looking Dick up and down, before looking at Kory with judging eyes. 'And... whoever she is.'

'Koriand'r, this is Jinx. Jinx, Kory... And I'm sure you remember...' Dick trailed off and turned around, realising Eleanor wasn't with them. Where could she have gone?

She suddenly appeared at the end of the corridor before she broke out into a small jog, laughing in excitement when she saw Jinx.

'Sorry, I had to piss!'

'Oh my god!' Jinx said through laughter as Eleanor slipped through the lasers. 'Look what the bloody cat dragged in,' Jinx said, pulling away from the hug to look her friend up and down. 'You look older!'